ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye's 25th Anniversary...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: GoldenEye's 25th Anniversary... Reply with quote Back to top

A quarter century ago, GoldenEye was released to the gaming world. It instantly revolutionized both multiplayer and the first-person genre. Focusing less on killing and destruction, and more on protecting, acquiring, and practicing stealth. Armed with fantastic graphics, unique environments, a diverse arsenal, interesting gadgets, wide array of props, and a realistic cast of characters. Perhaps the best movie-to-game translation of all-time. It captured the soul of the film, and the hearts of millions. Even today, GoldenEye is talked about as one of the greatest video games to ever grace a console. It'd be hard to disagree with the fact that GE featured one of the most addictive multiplayer modes of any game released in the 20th century. As one of the most hacked titles for the N64, it's no surprise that the replay value is constantly being increased. PC emulation has sparked an interest in many gamers online, both veteran and newcomer. With a fan base still growing, it has beaten the odds and knocked out the competition without breaking a sweat. As we look to the past, few games stand out among the rest. Looking to the future, even fewer will be remembered and cherished. Rest assured, this is one that will.

GoldenEye Forever

Last edited by Wreck on Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:22 pm; edited 17 times in total

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH HEY

GOLDENEYE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Byelomorye, Arkangelsk Damn - Nine years ago, every Goldeneye fan was taking the leap into the gaming experience of the time of Goldeneye."

Lets also share some of our personal experiences with the game in real life too, how it has effected all of us. I was going to make a seperate topic on this but I thought back to how I could reply here instead.

Basically it got me into the Nintendo64 world, as truthfully I had no reason to buy videogames anymore. It was around the time emulation came around.

Then this game shows up, not only getting me more into Bond, but into the kinds of guns as well. I'm somewhat a passive, reclusive person by nature, but give me a nintendo controller, nintendo, ge, and multiplayer, and I will prove again vigilance is not to be underrated.

This game also gave me an excuse to go into the person's house to play it. AKA number 2 as I don't wanna mention his name. It would give a reason to hang together inside on realitively good days and play multiplayer. I even began calling the Coppereye, and Bronzeeye, and Silvereye, which really annoyed some of them.

And I've been addicted ever since, I'm still looking for good competition despite newer games. It's because of this game I've gone through half a dozen controllers for it, the most I've needed to buy for a console.

I don't want to talk to much and would best be mentioned by a blog. So if anyone else wants to share their personal stories. Shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is no doubt that the game has some quality that is almost god like. I just think of the amazing detail that went into the level design and Rare using blueprints of the facilities like bunker and archives from the movie structures. Wicked.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! But i'm still older. And Goldeneye is the very best game i've ever played! Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

9 years wow. The first time I saw it, was at my cousin's on his massive projector screen. He played through Control, placing mines and things, and it was like the coolest thing I ever saw.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe Goldeneye still being popular during 9 years.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe it won't be re-released.

Ever since I first played it, GE's just been this amazing little addiction. Heck, if it weren't for wanting to build stage setups and find Connery I probably wouldn't have learned to hack at all. Short of the head both have been done, haven't they?

The clincher was probably multiplayer. Back then it was hard not to pass a day with at least ten people all piling over each other to play that game. There was this one guy - Hunter (actual name) - who you could never seem to kill without him bursting into a firey ball of suicidal flame. I've never seen someone get so many quad kills - or lemmings. That's GE's advantage over PD - style. Seriously, there's something about calling it 'lemming award' that just makes you want to rack 'em up ;*)

Of course now all it does is suck the blood straight from my pulminary artery. There's these two years that are just *gone* thanks to it. Cit acounts for one all on its own.

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jesus christ just thinking about the memories are practically making me tear up...damn, dont you wish you could relive your childhood?

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're back. Get lost in the cavers?

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
You're back. Get lost in the cavers?

its pretty dark in there.

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone remember the first time you found out how to blow up mines using the A + B buttons? That changed Multiplayer forever. Shocked

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but I'm not sure it was a change for the best, it's too easy to throw a mine at someone and detonate just as it gets close enough to damage them, switching between the mines and the detonator tactically took more skill.

steelman16
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Praise Golden Eye! The revolution of first person shooter and multiplayer action! Very Happy I still play the game here and then but it is one the best games ever made in my opinion.

Jac6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good times good times.. My brother first got the game, and some kid came over and beat the whole game for us.. on special agent.
Then I played multiplayer
and got my first triple kill with a bazooka...

Good times
Goooood times

( I killed myself in the explosion )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: