ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Generating more than one level question :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CutTheMonitors!
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject: Generating more than one level question :) Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

Question about importing more than one level at a time with the SE.
My usual method of tinkering with levels involves me opening a Setup file [such as UsetupdamZ], tweaking a few action blocks, adding guards or whatever.
Then it's an F5 press and the ROM is made. Happy days.

My question is: how do I make changes to more than one level at a time?

If I make a change to Dam and generate the ROM, then make changes to Facility and generate the ROM, then the changes I made to the previous level will be overwritten.

Thanks in advance! Smile

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Use Game Configuration instead. With the Visual Editor open, you can import changes to level whenever with Game Configuration, and you can save the changes whenever with Game Configuration. You can't do this with Model Imports (replacing the objects models) however. You can also open your modified/unmodified level from the rom in Game Configuration and import various other things like music and text.

I would still recommend saving the rom after import though for safety, with Write ROM with 21990 Changes. After that's done (should be quick) you can move onto another level in the Stage Options.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: