ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

TWINE 64 Modding...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:12 pm    Post subject: TWINE 64 Modding... Reply with quote Back to top

I have been spending the last two weeks or so poking at TWINE 64. Recently, I have had success in making various edits to the Courier level. I was able to determine the starting position and inventory for Bond (weapon, reserve ammo, and gadgets) for each difficulty setting, as well as the "exit" point. Character models and item pickups seem fairly straight forward. I could also remove locks from doors like the vault entrance and metal detector security gate. Some things are still unknown, but I am putting different pieces together. Here are some examples of current modifications...

Gadgets given...

Weapons assigned...

Character and weapon change...

Character behaviour edit...

Zoinkity has supplied me with a zip of his documentation, which I will need to go over better soon. It may help fill in some of the blanks, and point me in the proper directions that were previously confusing.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A businesswoman character in the Main Lobby had a chance to spawn in one of two locations, but her block only had the one spot set. I saw that she was doing the same sort of thing as doors, and tracked down both sets of coordinates she can choose between. Put her inside a privacy booth, but she did not seem to be very pleased about it...

I also started tinkering with the table of data just beyond this stuff. It had coordinates and other values, in 0x1C sized blocks. I put Bond at each of the positions, so I could visualize what they could be for. Turns out that it is for the background ambience effects (traffic, chatter, etc.), and other triggerable sounds (metal detector beep, as well as the alarm). Other info must be like range and volume, but I will need to test better to confirm.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is amazing. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Just all the characters being "evil" would greatly enchance this gem [/b]

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I do already have that working. Just need to make a patch. I had been detailing what all the data in that section was for, and do have most of it now. I was also considering changing the Bot health to stay around the 100 area, and lower the higher health counts down to something more reasonable. Some characters already have greater speeds and accuracy, so ramping up their health that much was kind of overkill. Like Jaws having 300 is crazy.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed!...although my wife and I typically use the man and woman in a bath towel lol

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's brilliant that you've managed to fix the universally unpopular (as far as I can see) "Good characters can't fight other good characters" rule.

A few more fixes that we TWINE fans might like to see (sorry Wreck, no rest for you!) are:

1. According to the Cutting Room Floor, at:

https://tcrf.net/007:_The_World_Is_Not_Enough_(Nintendo_64)#Texture_Resolution

URL edited by HackBond to play nice with URL tags

Quote:

"Texture Resolution

The game uses high (for the Nintendo 64) resolution 64x64 textures, with 8-bit color depth. However, these textures are applied to surfaces at too low a proportion, so at closest distance they appear using their second level mipmap - a quarter of their normal size - in-game.
"

Can this be fixed, Please?

2. A realistic, but slightly gameplay-harming feature of TWINE is the way, when you pick up a weapon from a fallen enemy, the weapon contains only a low, random number of bullets. Could this be changed to be like in most games, where you always get a set amount of ammunition's per weapon that you acquire from a fallen enemy?

3. I've never understood why Eurocom added different stats to the characters, but didn't actually bother to list the stats on the characters selection screen (both human player selection screen and the bot selection screen). Could you somehow show the stats on the character selection screens, please?

If that is possible, then I'm not sure that reducing the characters' health etc would be a great idea. Some people would want to deliberately choose the higher health bots to fight against, to make the game more challenging, or would want to play as a faster character themselves to give themselves an advantage, and so on. Perhaps you could issue two separate patches, one patch to force the character selection screen to show the stats, and the other patch to force the character selection screen to show the stats AND to even out the more extreme characters' health and other statistics, so players can choose (via the patches) which they would prefer.

4. Even though the character of 'Q' is in the game's multiplayer, he isn't selectable, because Desmond Llewelyn, the actor who played him, died during the making of the game, so they kept him out of it, presumably out of respect for him.

I don't think anyone would be offended if you were to make him selectable again, so anyone who wanted to could play as him

5. No doubt a very obvious suggestion, but please make every unlockable already unlocked from the start (the multiplayer levels, the weapon sets, etc).

6. TWINE has no cheat mode, at least that I know of. Is it possible that cheats (that might have been used for game testing) do still exist in the game and be made available for us to use.

If not, then how viable would a hacker added cheat system be? I've seen game roms for other consoles that when the modded rom boots, then you see a user added cheat menu for you to select infinite lives, infinite ammunition, etc, then when you select what cheats you want, and exit the cheat menu, the game rom continues and you have these cheat activated until you turn the console off or select a new game rom.

Would it be possible to perhaps have a cheat menu at TWINE's boot menu, listing cheats such as:

- Infinite Ammunition

- All Weapons are available at all times in the single player campaign

- Infinite Health

etc? Personally, I'm not bothered about infinite health but I would like the all weapons cheat and infinite ammo, so I could play through the single player mode using just the weapons I prefer.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I'm not mistaken, you can set the characters health yourself. Starting them off all at 100 would be less annoying for quick battles and you still have tbe option of giving them more health if preferred.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always loved how the CPU runs away from you when they run out of ammo. Always thought that was hilarious.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can set the health for the player, but each Bot has a specified amount (as well as speed, accuracy, weapon preferences, and play style). This is one place where Perfect Dark and its almost excessive amount of customization wins out. No AI character has stats set in stone. You can choose their difficulty level and type.

Kerr Avon: That is a lot of stuff, and mostly out of my skill set. I did recently upload a patch on Discord for NTSC ROM to unlock all characters (including Q), and make them all "Neutral" (just renaming Evil). Once I get confirmation from others that it works for them, I will share it elsewhere.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I think you can set the health for the player, but each Bot has a specified amount (as well as speed, accuracy, weapon preferences, and play style). This is one place where Perfect Dark and its almost excessive amount of customization wins out. No AI character has stats set in stone. You can choose their difficulty level and type.

Kerr Avon: That is a lot of stuff, and mostly out of my skill set. I did recently upload a patch on Discord for NTSC ROM to unlock all characters (including Q), and make them all "Neutral" (just renaming Evil). Once I get confirmation from others that it works for them, I will share it elsewhere.

Sorry Wreck, but you should know by now that when someone mentions on the internet that they are modding a formerly unmodded game, then some idiot is bound to ask for the Earth! Embarassed

And please do release the all unlocked + good can fight good modded rom that you have so far, that will be great.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:

Fixed the URL Tag, I had to use URL encoding values for the symbols

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:

Fixed the URL Tag, I had to use URL encoding values for the symbols

Oh, right. Thanks, mate.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any issues with the "all multiplayer characters neutral" hack? Can't eait to try it out

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a patch uploaded through Discord. See if this link works...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1142935648840470668/1151413749962518548/TWINE64_NTSC_AllMPCharsNeutral.xdelta

You might want to check if your ROM header matches what I had...

The edits do mean that the checksum will be changed, so that may or may not have certain effects on emulation or other game recognization.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, this is incredible! waow all these characters I've never seen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: