ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PerfectGold for the PD PC Port?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeeMoldy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject: PerfectGold for the PD PC Port? Reply with quote Back to top

https://github.com/fgsfdsfgs/perfect_dark

Is it possible to make a setup editor for the PD PC Port? I love the port, but I want to play mods on it, like the new Mr. X mod for PD.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: PerfectGold for the PD PC Port? Reply with quote Back to top

PeeMoldy wrote:
https://github.com/fgsfdsfgs/perfect_dark

Is it possible to make a setup editor for the PD PC Port? I love the port, but I want to play mods on it, like the new Mr. X mod for PD.

It's being worked on by someone, be patient.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the more "basic" mods, like certain custom missions, can be imported into the PC port. The N64 Vault Discord channel should have more info or users to help out.

PeeMoldy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Some of the more "basic" mods, like certain custom missions, can be imported into the PC port. The N64 Vault Discord channel should have more info or users to help out.

That is awesome. Can your x2 long guns mod be played? I was playing that mod on ED 64 X7, but it always freezes at Challenge 17 with DanSim and the KOTH Slayer Temple map.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weird. I wonder what would be crashing it. I don't know how simple that would be to add to a PC port build. A bit over my head, I am afraid.

PeeMoldy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I myself am studying up on C, C++, Python, and other languages just so I can unlock the true potential of the PD PC Port and Ship of Harkinian. I hope to see things like an OoT Reloaded style 4K PD texture pack along with an XBLA texture pack for PD. I see what Rovert did with SM64 and his Beyond the Cursed Mirror mod, along with his SM64 Builder, I see the "Shotgun Mario" mod, I see Kenton M's Indigo mod, and I find it all to be amazing. I wonder what truly can be done with PD modding now with this decomp. We truly live in a retro gaming renaissance right now. I think that with how long you have been around, and all the great mods you have made, I just can't wait for GE X to be complete. What a time to be alive. As the world burns, at least we have decomp and PC Ports and advanced mods of old games that remind us of better times. Hell I'm hearing decomp for PS2 games are starting up, and PC Ports of those will be a thing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: