ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Yet, another plan...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudeman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Yet, another plan... Reply with quote Back to top

I've thought about my modifications to snowbound and came up with a template for my idea.

I copied the map outline from an old strategy guide, then edited it to my likings...

I also added a few things in this one:

Do you think that would work?

I've done a bit with the respawns, but really haven't been bothered with the rest.

The place is where Natalya goes to the computer, etc. (mainly room 6)

NOTE: yeah, I know, the second needs work on.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice..get someone like Scott or Wreck to work on it for you

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That first concept map would work just fine, but the second one includes much more advanced hacking. I don't believe keycards are capable of regenerating in multiplayer. I had tried it out before in the Facility once. The keycard would start in the stage, but would neither regenerate, nor be dropped by the player who was carrying it after they're killed. It may be possible, I won't rule it out. From personal experience, it didn't work for me.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: re: keycard Reply with quote Back to top

What object did you use to create the keycard? A door? An ammo box?

My idea would be to try converting an actual gun into a keycard and see what happens.

dudeman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whoah, you can actually see the 2nd picture? I can't here. Is my bandwith too low? I don't think US designed specific sites are best for me (i.e. us."".com). Imageshack had glitched and I couldn't delete the faulty images! Still can't. Loading was weird, which basically had something weird with the glitched files.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I could see it fine before I posted, but it wasn't loading up afterwards.
It appears to be alright now, though I can't say for how long it'll last. Confused

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would guess a weapon pickup could be used for a keycard somehow with no problem. I'll email Zoink about this and wouldn't be surprised if it's not that big of a deal (to him anyway) Wink .

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: re: keycard Reply with quote Back to top

I actually got it to work as a pickup item, but I ran into the same problem as Wreck - it wouldn't regenerate after death.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

did you try a weapon or ammo box? I had the same problem with ammo boxes not regenerating when used as explosive objects. You know "The Flag" could be a great possibility.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Keys are a seperate object type from weapons. You can attach whatever model you like to them, but an object type is an object type.

Didn't know they don't regenerate. Odd, concidering just about anything else will. Noting that now.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: re: keycard Reply with quote Back to top

Re: MultiplayerX - I tried a gun. Problem is you have to change the object to type 0004 and once you do that it seems to lose its regeneration property.

What I found odd was that once you change the gun's object type to 0004, the weapon boxes that were associated with it change into mine ammo (boxes of 5 mines).

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's making it too complicated. Here's my idea: Change the pickup only and the image tag to match. I would think the game can figure out you have the item on it's own since it does so with the weapons. I don't think changing the preset would be totally necessary since you could simply change the pickup. Confused Rolling Eyes Don't know for sure until I can actually start hacking again. I start a new job on Monday that will take up a considerable amount of my time so I'll have to mess with this stuff on my days off. Might wanna ask Wreck though because me and my friend are seriously wanting to get back into writing more screenplays for now. I'll never get into the field if I don't dedicate all my time to it. Wink

00zero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what about like in Bunker I, where you have to copy the Goldeneye Card and then throw it. is there some way to trigger the 'throw card' action when the player holding it is killed? that may be a way to keep the card in the game after death, and i like the idea of having to track down and kill the one that has it in order to get it... sounds pretty sweet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: