ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sound Effects?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The folder is confusing. Just put them both in C drive and rename the rom something else to prevent confusion from the bracketed u and ! after.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Valentin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow - I didn't even see that earlier post!

I am using a Macintosh, so I don't think there is a program like SR Rip. Any chance of re-ripping with a faster sample rate? Thanks

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GRrrrrrrrr.... Im not mad at you, I just wanted to try to turn this over to you, so I just tried DosBox, for some strange reason it say the program cannot be run in DOS mode. Augh! I guess I shouldnt bother with VMWare or that other Emulator Prog for Macs or anything.

OK, lets see here ... I just ripped one off my emulator and compared the two, for now, the magic number seems to be 9600 hz, good ear Valentin. My recordings seem to be abit "off" though, im gonna need to check this out more before hosting, or well, Ill just let clowns host em while I work on it more Laughing Cool

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, 9600 ... for the most part. Luckily, the numbers seem to be rounded off, but they are DEFINETLY recorded at different hertz. For example, A000000, the rocket launch, is 16000 hz. This is most easily identified using audacity. I record the sound in an emulator, cut off any sound gaps, and throw it in audacity. Then I drag its ripped sound into audacity and mess with the hertz till the track length is the same.

Alright, Anybody with an emulator, Audacity (Free Download) and a working SRip can help this project out. Or anybody with a good ear. Please listen to these sounds at 9600 hz (Ill host) and post if you think a sound sounds off. If you have the tools, then post what its correct hertz is.
And Nevermind the rocket launch of course, I just figured that one out.

Link to 9600 hz sounds (186 Total): http://www.savefile.com/projects/276383

This Post is also replicated at RareWitchProject's Forums.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are all officially either too hard at work to post or extremely lazy. Im going with lazy. Lazy little ...

Just kidding around, although I thought I would get some response, jeez. Confused

Kcghost Out. Cool

Valentin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not lazy! hehe - sorry, man.

I got the 9600 sounds and they still seem too slow. I am not familiar with SRip but the sound quality sounds lower too. kind of muffled. I almost think it might be better to do a direct rip from a TV almost. Unless someone can figure out the correct KHz or make the sound cleaner. Not sure which...

Nice effort though - I hope someone can figure out the missing pieces...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: