ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Next multi map project - Control Room via Stack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: near completion Reply with quote Back to top

The level is nearing completion. All I have left to do is work out the 2nd diagonal piece of glass and shave off about 4 lines of code and I'll pretty much be done. Here is one final screenshot, hopefully there will be code to come within a few days.

And a quick question - see the right-most monitor? That guy riding the skateboard - what solo level is that image used in? Its been a while since I've played any solo levels but I don't recall that particular monitor image.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome level. Oh, we call it "force collisions. You're in those same attribute blocks of the things I gave you. Cool stuff!

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the monitor image is from one of the Bunker levels. In the room with the safe.

I always thought it was skiing, not skateboarding. Razz

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: finished (kinda) Reply with quote Back to top

I finished up the final diagonal pane of glass and when all was said and done, I had 251 lines of code, so I had to get rid of the skip intro code to get it to 250 (oh well not a big deal)

Anyways, I loaded it into my console and all ran fine with one exception - the big screen won't light up. The object does load (004D PtvscreenZ wall monitor screen 0A) - I know this because I can still shoot and destroy it. Then, when it regenerates, I can see for about half a second the image that should be there and then it immediately disappears.

Any ideas on fixing this? As best I can tell the big black screen is nothing more than a big hole in the wall when nothing is loaded there - do my coordinates for placement of the screen have to be EXACT in order for it to work? On the emulator, I can coordinate the screen anywhere, even in the middle of a room and the moving image still appears as though there is an invisible screen wherever I load it.

Its not really a big deal but I would like to have that screen functioning if possible. One possible solution (though it has its disadvantages) is that I can place a regular tv monitor behind that wall and make it really really big. I tried that and it did work, the problem is that for one, you see the monitor casing and two, when you destroy it, parts of the destroyed object protrude out through the wall until it regenerates.

Oh yeah, one other thing, it can be stubborn to load on the console - it only loads about half the time, and only loads properly about half of that time (sometimes the level starts but one of the benches and a few of the ammo boxes don't load where they're supposed to)

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: big screen Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, after looking at the code again and comparing emulator to console, I've come up with one difference in how each handles the screen images and I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about it.

The reason the big screen works on the emulator is that screen images appear within their boundary so long as there is a black background. But the N-64 console seems to tie the images strictly to the object they are associated with.

See the following screenshot to see what I mean...

(emulator)

You'll see that after the monitor was destroyed, the image still appears within its boundary wherever there is a black background. When I destroy that monitor while playing on the N64 console, the image is restricted strictly to the bottom portion of the monitor and nothing shows in the upper part where there is the black background.

I'm guessing this is why my big screen works on emulator - the empty black in the back allows the image to appear.

So, is there some flag which I need to change in the big screen object itself to associate the image with the boundary of the object itself? I've even gone so far experimenting as to spawn the big screen in the middle of the room and apply force collisions to it. On the console, it is definitely spawning as I run into an invisible wall and can shoot and destroy it, but still no image (though if I get far away from it I can see glimpses of the image on the outer edges as well as for a short moment after the object regenerates after a destruction)

Wreck, sub, MX, zoink, anybody? Any ideas on how to fix this problem? If not its no big deal as the code works as-is (just without a working big screen is all)

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the big screen is pretty important.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, kind of confused. What's the issue? The image not respawning, or showing when the monitor has been destroyed?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: re: problem Reply with quote Back to top

Guess I got a little off track - the 4 computer monitors work just fine, I have no problem with them.

My problem specifically is this (only applies to console, the emulator handles it without any problems) - the moving image is not appearing properly on the big screen. The screen itself is spawning, but with no image. Well, almost no image - if you stand really far away from the screen, you can see traces of the moving image around the fringes of the screen itself. This appears to be strictly a visibility problem.

I should also note that I'm only using a basic preset (the solo version spawned the big screen in an advanced 27xx preset) - I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my problem or not.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try putting the object byte starting at 8: 40000062 to this attribute, might be missing x/y to preset bounds?

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the big screen going to be indestructible?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: re: control Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet, the 4000 code fixed my problem! (0062 not needed, that was a stance code which rotated the screen around its y-axis by 90 degrees thus making the screen parallel with the floor).

And yeah, the screen is destructible - about 4 shots and its gone for good. The screen itself will eventually regenerate, but the image does not (on the console only. The image does come back on the emulator)

But I don't care whether or not it comes back after destruction, I was just happy to get it working period.

All I have left to fix now is about 2 ammo placement issues and the level will be completed. I should have full code posted in the next day or so.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to make it indestructible?

Because I think it would look better if it stayed the same for the whole match.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: re: destructibility Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I might be wrong - when I was testing it, I tested it on the default image rather than the "world" image. For some odd reason the default one does not regenerate but all the others do (so the one monitor on which I used the default image will stay black after regeneration).

I haven't re-uploaded my codes just yet but I'm hoping it will work.

(and to answer your question - yes, it is possible. Problem is right now I'm already at 251 lines of code and am having trouble eliminating one line to get it under 250. One line of code would make it indestructible, but if I do that, then I have to find another line of code to get rid of, and I'm pretty much maxed out right now)

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you should try and make this perfect.

Go over every line of code and weed out everything that isn't 100% necessary.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the bump but you should put alot of facility monitors around the control room. Inside the glass enclosed areas. Also put some in the area that boris was working at in 1p. Then it would look really good.^_^ Then convert it to AR and give it to me lol. ^_^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: