ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Someone please help me GS 3.2 to PC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Someone please help me GS 3.2 to PC Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I have tried everything I can think of to make them work together. I have gscc and auto configuration never detects it. PLEASE HELP ME!!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there. The best thing to say is check out this link here, and run through the steps. Let me know if this does or doesn't help you out. I'm not sure if you've checked this page out or not.

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/gameshark_pc_tutorial.php

Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Hi there. The best thing to say is check out this link here, and run through the steps. Let me know if this does or doesn't help you out. I'm not sure if you've checked this page out or not.

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/gameshark_pc_tutorial.php

of course I have man. my problem is when I plug up my shark to my computer, it is lit with an 8 and the dot. and as soon as i click auto detect in gscc, the led turns off auto-detect failed. And I know I have all of the right settings so that's not the problem

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the cable has to be plugged in before anything is turned on. i got my 3.2 to work, it just took a while.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zerojett wrote:
the cable has to be plugged in before anything is turned on. i got my 3.2 to work, it just took a while.

So You're saying I need to turn off my computer, plug in the shark, then boot up??? Do I have to have the gs plugged into the 64 with 007 in and it powered on to work?? I haven't tried plugging it in when my pc is off, but everything else I have tried seems not to work...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think what Zerojett might have meant was to make sure that the cable is inserted before powering on the console. When your PC is on and GSCC is open, attach the cable to your GameShark. Power up your N64. At the main menu, hit the "Auto Detect" tab. If that crashes your system, then you may be able to skip that step. I never use it. Just setup the settings to match.

System: Nintendo 64
N64 ROM Type: GS 3.XX
LPT Port: This could be dependant on your PC. I use 378.

That should be enough to get it going. If it still causes your N64 to crash, then it could either be your cheating device or copy of GSCC. Did you grab the toolz from the GoldenEye Forever.com home page? Scroll down a bit, and you'll see the program. That should work for most Operating Systems, including Windows XP. Even those who had trouble before have found relief in that version. It may also be your GameShark. There are plenty of faulty ones out there with bad comms ports.

Are you using this for anything specific? Hacking, memory viewing, ROM grabbing, codelist uploading / downloading?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I think what Zerojett might have meant was to make sure that the cable is inserted before powering on the console. When your PC is on and GSCC is open, attach the cable to your GameShark. Power up your N64. At the main menu, hit the "Auto Detect" tab. If that crashes your system, then you may be able to skip that step. I never use it. Just setup the settings to match.

N64 ROM Type
yes... exactly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

N64 ROM Type: GS 3.XX
LPT Port: This could be dependant on your PC. I use 378.

That should be enough to get it going. If it still causes your N64 to crash, then it could either be your cheating device or copy of GSCC. Did you grab the toolz from the GoldenEye Forever.com home page? Scroll down a bit, and you'll see the program. That should work for most Operating Systems, including Windows XP. Even those who had trouble before have found relief in that version. It may also be your GameShark. There are plenty of faulty ones out there with bad comms ports.

Are you using this for anything specific? Hacking, memory viewing, ROM grabbing, codelist uploading / downloading?

No I didn't mean my pc would crash or anything, but I would plug in just the gs not in the console or anything and the light of the shark would be on then turn off but that doesn't matter anymore. well im doing it right now and the result is.................

Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's a no go for auto detect

Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
When your PC is on and GSCC is open, attach the cable to your GameShark. Power up your N64. At the main menu, hit the "Auto Detect" tab. If that crashes your system, then you may be able to skip that step. I never use it. Just setup the settings to match.

And at main menu, you mean in gscc not the gameshark right?? because it doesnt say anything on the gs screen. and something else i noticed is that when I first plug the gs up to the pc, it lights up bright. then I plug it into the 64 and it seems like the 64 is taking alot of the power, and the led screen and power light for the 64 are both dimmed. weird??

Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Are you using this for anything specific?

Yes, I was just trying to do code list uploading/downloading. I would do everything else if I had the background knowledge, but yea my main priority is to make it work first.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I'll try to be a little more specific on what to do.
First, open up the GSCC toolz. Connect the cable from your computer to the back of the GameShark. Power on your Nintendo64. Once the countdown has completed, you'll be brought to the root menu of the cheating device. That's the menu where you decide to either start the game, select your codes, view your memory paks, and customize your options. At that root menu, you'll be able to upload / download a codelist. In GSCC, click on the "Code List" dropdown menu and choose the "Open Window" option. There you can choose to either upload a codelist to your Shark, or download what is currently on it to your PC. Choose the location of the file, or where you want to save it. Be sure to click the right button, or else you may accidentally overwrite your list.

Just don't ever plug in or unplug the cable from the GameShark while the N64 is powered on. This will instantly cause the system to crash. You'll have to restart it with the cable already attached.

Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

connection times out still. do u have a .3gp converter? because I'll take a video on my phone and show you whats goin on

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't even know what a ".3gp converter" is. I'm almost wondering if maybe you don't have all of the right .DLL files. I've had to download them before to get certain uploading programs to work, including GSCC toolz. If you're doing everything right and it continues to either crash or timeout, then it's either your computer that needs files or a faulty comms port on your cheating device.

Playa4Life352
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a 3gp is the extension for a video recorded on a cell phone. But what dll files do I need?? and btw, your masks are incredible! and your hacking!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: