ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sold Out! Nice plan.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Sold Out! Nice plan. Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a bit cynical but I just heard an interview with a microsoft rep about the launch. Yes, they are all sold out! He basically ducked the question about how many units they sold/made for the launch. Perhaps insider information or perhaps he didn't really want to say that microsoft wanted to 'sold out everywhere' type marketing. Because I'm cynical, I say microsoft intentially low balled their first orders.

Interesting, he also commented about people who might have problems with overheating. heheh. Hold off guys before buying. He said oh, don't worry it's just that you have to keep the vents clear. That's obvious but there is a lot of processing going on in there. He gave the assurance that there is absolutely no issue with overheating, however he also gave the number to call if yours is overheating....

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I've been wanting to get one. I heard that they are restocking stores every Tuesday or close to weekly. I might wait a little because it's so hard to get one and I want to wait until they've fixed those overheating problems.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, waiting when in comes to Microsoft might be a good idea. I dunno, the original Xboxes had some issues but that was their first console.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly they were just seeing how popular it would be to know how many to make.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm cynical though....they did it on purpose! heh.

Honestly it sounds much better in the media that the xbox 360 sold out everywhere in the first day!

Cloppy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i reserved mine and i got one so im happy Smile

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you have any problems like overheating with it ?

Cloppy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mrjeffguy wrote:

those myths were created by ps3 fanboys Razz

nut131
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
I dunno, the original Xboxes had some issues but that was their first console.

For unlocking the secrets of "first".

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cloppy wrote:
mrjeffguy wrote:

those myths were created by ps3 fanboys Razz

No, I've actually had some of my friends overheat. But I'm sure PS3 fanboys exagerated it a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: