ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[GAMESHARK MULTI] Control Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just separate it into the 5 blocks, and you need to get rid of any extra spaces. Then it'll load.

john lennon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what would the code be then if it is seperated into 5 blocks?

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got it.

The trick is to enter in each block as a seperate cheat.

Other than a bit of slowdown, and the screens acting up a bit, it's pretty good!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That code you see posted is formatted for the N-64 console gameshark. When you enter it into the emulator, don't enter any of the text portions (like "Control Room 2.0 pt 1" ) - the Pt1 through Pt 5 text lines is what breaks up the code.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! It's great to see Control in multiplayer like this. I'm just curious, I've tested a bit of it emu with 2 players, and how did the framerate respond with a static or non existent screen/monitor? Same?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: re: control Reply with quote Back to top

As I was adding monitors and the big screen to the level, I couldn't really tell any difference in framerate.

Right now, what is most significantly affecting framerate is the one side room I left open (with the weapon/ammo on the stairs). I noticed on my slower computer's emulator that the game slowed down more in that room than in any other place in the level. It would be possible for me to block it off, but if I did that the level would have to lose the entire weapon set because the weapon set which is placed in that room makes use of 2 existing presets. To move that weapon set to anywhere else in the level would require about an extra 6 lines of code.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Monitors do not affect framerate. The actual memory consumption is so low I don't even know how you would compute it. It would be less than a hertz if you look at speed per cycle.

Cool level! Glad someone tried this stage again.

Oh, I can tell you why it wouldn't always load stuff properly. The few presets that do validly load in stage only do so because the error-correction caught them. When a pad value doesn't match a tile in teh clipping file it triangulates the point's position and tries to place it within the map. Oddly enough, doesn't always catch them though - probably aborting the process prematurely, and this can cause the occation problem here and there - sometimes with different presets! Drove me crazy when I made some of the first multiplayers a yera or two back. It's the same reason why it takes forever for a stage to load (or at least crash) with the wrong setup file.

man-van-de-akka
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do know the body armor codes of thuis level thank you

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's too bad this level is not too good with the FPS on console.

I have a question why is there such a little amount of weapons on this level but on others there is quite alot?

I also had a problem where I'd spawn on the 2 floor of the stairway to the left area and I would be able to walk thru the walls.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this is going back in time quite a ways.....

Anyways, the reason FPS suffer on this stage is because of the rooms themselves. Not sure exactly what it is about the rooms, but even when deleting all but one single room out of this level and loading only it, framerates are not good. Then you thrown in a bunch of glass panes and it gets even worse. Its unfortunate because this would otherwise be an awesome multiplayer level.

As far as lack of weapon groups, weapons were sacrificed for the placement of tables and monitors. You can only do so much with 251 lines of code.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: