ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Level subterranea (TWINE)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Level subterranea (TWINE) Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgg7QGvfM0M

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That looks cool. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find it amazing how complex and detailed that stage really is. It may have been a late decision to remove it from the final game. I'm actually hoping to pickup a copy of The World is Not Enough sometime soon. This will definitely be on my list of things to check out codewise.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks kind of like Caverns, don't you think?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TWINE is a great game, both single and multiplayer (except for one level, Night Watch, which I detest, as you have to use stealth or you fail the level - I prefer the Goldeneye way, whereby if you do get seen by the enemy, you don't fail the level, you just get more enemies thrown at you).

TWINE isn't as good as GE (let alone PD), of course, but it does have some advantages over GE; it has a proper "Bond" style wristwatch (i.e. it fires tranquiliser darts, a grappling hook, and a laser, whereas in GE it only had a magnetic pull), TWINE allows you to do more Bond-ish things, like skiing and swimming, and it has (not very bright) bots in multiplayer. Also, unlike PD and GE, TWINE's single player missions' objectives are added and updated in real time as you play the missions, which is far more realistic than in GE or PD, where you somehow know every obsticle you'll encounter, beforehand. And it has very good and atmospheric level design, great weapons, and some excellent multiplayer options too (though nowhere near as many as PD).

It does have some flaws, though (what doesn't?), such as when you pick up a gun from a fallen enemy, it only contains a few bullets. There are no cheats in the game, and the game has a jump function (I hate jumping in first person games though at least in TWINE you rarely have to jump), in multiplayer mode the weapon and ammi pickups are just boxes, so you don't know beforehand what you'll be picking up. The scenery in single and multiplayer mode is largely indestructable, and you don't leave bullet holes in the walls, which hampers the immersion.

On the plus side, the levels look great, and follow the film very closely. And the game does play very well, which is the most important thing. To my mind this is the only Bond game, aside from Goldeneye, that's better than good (Nightfire was good, but not great, but TWINE is great and GE is fantastic).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't believe TWINE and great should ever be used in the same sentence. It's not horrific per se, but compared to the expectations it's completely and utterly subpar. I always hated how levels ended immediately on failed objectives, that was something I enjoyed in Goldeneye. And it sometimes gives me a headache TWINE, for whatever reason. Specifically one of the levels, I forget which.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
it has a proper "Bond" style wristwatch (i.e. it fires tranquiliser darts, a grappling hook, and a laser, whereas in GE it only had a magnetic pull)

The GE watch works as a magnet, laser, and detonator, which are the only functions that it had in the movie.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, wasn't it also a swing rope device? Maybe I'm confused, its been a while since I've watched it.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Extremist wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:
it has a proper "Bond" style wristwatch (i.e. it fires tranquiliser darts, a grappling hook, and a laser, whereas in GE it only had a magnetic pull)

The GE watch works as a magnet, laser, and detonator, which are the only functions that it had in the movie.

Yes, my mistake, sorry. I do prefer the TWINE watch functions, though - the tranquiliser darts are great Confused

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In GoldenEye, it was a leather belt that enabled 007 to swing out of the archives window and onto a parked supply truck outside in the car park. I believe his watch had a built-in grappling device in The World is Not Enough. Didn't he use it to pull himself out of the area he and Christmas were in as Renard and his men were making off with the nuclear weapon?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was wrong about the magnet. It wasn't in GE (the movie).

That means that the game watch has one more feature than the movie watch.

The magnet first appeared in Live And Let Die.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I feel better that I'm not the only one who hasnt seen the movies in a while. Actually, its a little amusing. Well I googled it. the dude above me was right about the Live and Let die magnet thing. But in Goldeneye the movie, it only appears as a laser cutter and remote detonator. Those are also the functions from the game as well.

Another interesting note: It was his first non rollex or seiko gadget watch.

Just another lil note: My source was Wikipedia, so it could very well be wrong.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder what is the codes and what to do to play this level?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added it to the youtube description. (the codes)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: