ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Setup Editor RELEASED
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye Setup Editor RELEASED Reply with quote Back to top

Finally, a comprehensive, exhaustive setup editor for Goldeneye 007 for N64. This long-developed, secretive project has finally reached fruition. You now have the ability to modify objects, objectives, actions, text, and everything else from all levels from the game, or create your own from scratch. The editor also allows for the easy and quick creation of new multiplayers, and even co-operative mode. Play the finished level (or levels others have created) on console or emulator. If any of this piques your curiousity, read on...the power is now at your fingertips.

Developed by SubDrag, Zoinkity, and Wreck.

This thing is really powerful. I hope people here will make use of it. I mean you can make all new levels, in very quick amounts of time. New solo missions...I hope it catches on, we certainly spent a significant amount of time on this thing.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/specials.php?id=geeditor

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All I can say is "WOW"

And to think I spent tireless hours creating multiplayer levels the hard way. I'll certainly be downloading this software and see if it suits me for my next 2 multi maps I have in mind (Aztec and Control)

I'll let you guys know what I think of the software in a few days after I've had a chance to work with it for a little while.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, this is absolutely crazy man! All you guys take a bow. Now I really need to free up some time.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: so far Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I got the software to install and run properly.

But I'm having trouble getting it to grab coords from the emulator. I have the proper level selected and have the emulator running, but when I push the grab 00 preset button from emulator, nothing happens.

Is there anything special I have to do with the emulator? I'm running my aztec level in 2 player mode so there are some gameshark codes in place -can I grab coords in this way?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which version of Project 64 do you have? That shouldn't have a problem. Version 1.5 and 1.6 are supported. Are you sure nothing happens? It doesn't grab a coord and place it there? There should never be nothing happening. It should grab all 00s or something like that if PJ64 isn't running, or tell you PJ64 isn't running. Err, check again. Maybe you're hitting Find Closest PJ64 Coord?

GE Master, even you should be able to make a level at this point. Even a simple one.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: re: coords Reply with quote Back to top

Project64.exe

Version 1.6

At least to me it doesn't look like its grabbing anything. When I press grab, should the x, y, and z coord values change from 00000000 to some value? They're staying as all zeros.

It does seem to recognize that the emulator is running. Without it running, I get a popup box that says to restart my emulaotr. With it running, I don't get that popup.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's very strange. If it does that, it means that it's not able to grab the data successfully. It shouldn't be all zeros.

That's very bad also, as this is one of the most useful, best ways to quickly make al evel. I don't get why it's happening. Hrmm. Do you have some weird memory system? Virtual memory should be at the same spot every time.

Can you try version 1.5, and be in a level?

I just tried it, should read 3F100A00 for XCoord in the main menu, using Dam level. This is weird, that it's not working. Seems virtual memory is off. Can you use artmoney or similar, and tell me where the beginning of RAM of GE is located?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: re: addresses Reply with quote Back to top

Tried PJ 64 v1.5 - no luck. Tried restarting the computer, no luck.

Ran Artmoney (I've never used this software before so I'm not quite sure how to use it)

I ran PJ64 v1.6 then ran artmoney. Chose "GOLDENEYE - Project 64 Version 1.6" from the Select Process menu and clicked "search"

The first address that came up was 00020008. Is this the information you're looking for?

I'm running Windows 2000, an AMX XP processor (I think maybe its an XP2800? Not sure) 256 MB of DDR333 memory.

And yeah, it'll be a shame if I can't use this software. The ability to instantly grab coordinates from an emulator alone makes this a highly valuable piece of software (I'm still inclined to make multiplayer maps the old way to avoid having to use the uploader) because it seems like I waste so much time grabbing coordinates and the process it takes to get the coordinates (restarting the level, savestate, deleting, flipping bytes, etc)

Now if I ever attempt a single player mission, I would definitely use the sofware for every aspect of doing that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I first start up GE, at 80000000 GE, is 7C7C025D. I forget if artmoney is byteflipped, but can you find that address in virtual memory? Should be pretty high. It should be at address 3AD70000, at least it is for most people. That's what editor uses. If yours is different for whatever reason I'll change it to possibly be a variable in preferences as well in editor. Please let me know.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: re: address Reply with quote Back to top

7C7C025D shows up at (if I'm searching correctly and for the correct information) 50BD0000.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please redownload, and in preferences click "Try to Find" as soon as you've booted up GE. Let me know if your world's been rocked Smile

Last edited by SubDrag on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: re: memory Reply with quote Back to top

Since, like I said, I'm totally unfamiliar with artmoney, here is a screenshot of the memory editor for you to look at. I boxed in the address. This APPEARS to be what you're looking for....(and no, its not byte-flipped)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's exactly right, it should be fixed now, go to preferences, then click Try To Find. I'm not sure why your PC acts differently, but let me know if this works now!

I don't think you'll want to do make levels manually again. The only advantage for GS codes is you can play on console without having access to a PC link around.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Beautiful. When I clicked that button it immediately changed the address to 50BD0000 and the coordinates grabbed properly.

Glad I could help you fix a bug on day 1 Smile

Now, I'm curious as to why mine loads in such a different spot in memory. Anything to do with the version of Windows maybe?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad we nipped it in the bud. I'm sure if anyone has a problem grabbing, they'll mention it to me via email, and I'll just tell them to redownload. That number isn't too large a possibility, and I assume it'll work on most people's PCs anyways.

It's probably due to Windows 2000. I'm not an expert in the area. I would think Virtual Memory should be identical since I think it's generated by the program, but perhaps somehow the offset is different. Maybe someone else knows a bit more.

Anyways, let me know what you think of the editor. Give it a comprehensive test, try out the levels, etc. Always looking for positive feedback (Wreck got a lot of his wishlists implemented - that right click on armor strength was his request, and actually a very painful one).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: