ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Setup Editor RELEASED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't feel this question really needed a whole new thread started for it, so i'll just ask it here:

How do I fix the 6 broken doors in Frigate with the Setup Editor?

I looked at some other doors, and found the door is always positioned right on the little bump, making it pretty simple to just grab a new preset and copy down the room pointer. I tried this with a couple of the beta doors, and it failed to fix the doors. This confuses me because I can get the right room pointer when double-checking the method against regular doors, I grab a preset and room pointer on the new preset matches the door preset.

btw, suggestion for the editor: "Warp" button in "Edit Presets", the opposite of grabbing a new preset, warp the player to the selected preset position for ease in finding out the positions of presets.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "broken" doors - are you referring to the door slots where no doors are present?

Those should be relatively easy to fix - just duplicate any of door objects and then when you duplicate a preset, make sure its one to a door which has the same angles. Then all you should have to modify are the x and z coordinate values along with the room pointer.

If you still have trouble let me know, I might be able to take a look at it.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, there are six presets which doors are assigned to in Frigate which do not show up in the game since their room pointers are screwed up. (They show up as empty spaces where doors could be, but there are more spaces in Frigate that never had a preset and were never intended to actually have doors). Detstar has their explanation in the "Solved Mysteries" section: http://web.archive.org/web/20060509014520/goldeneye.detstar.com/mysteries/solved.asp

This has always been the cause of that old mystery glitch where you can see a floating door in Frigate. If you go to Sub's beta site and go to Frigate he has codes that fix and reveal the six doors, but those room pointers used in the codes are expanded. Im confused as to why the method Im using to re-find the room pointer for these presets is not working, its finding a different room pointer, but it still doesn't work.

The broken door presets are: 2756,2757,275A,2769,2765,2766

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should be able to just go those room pointer addresses, then copy the first three bytes and use those as the new 3 byte value for the setup editor for each of the 27XX presets. Then they should display properly.

Quote:
"Warp" button in "Edit Presets", the opposite of grabbing a new preset, warp the player to the selected preset position for ease in finding out the positions of presets.

That would be quite useful, I don't quite know a method of moving your position and rotation though in-game. If I did, I'd do it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was able to use GameShark codes to fix the doors using incorrect room pointers, but wasn't able to replicate the effect by modifying the plink. Converting the room ID's to the proper 'p...', would only cause the stage to crash. I haven't tried using the GoldenEye Setup Editor, but rather by viewing savestates and making codes. No matter what I'd try, it simply refused to load. Perhaps I'll give it another shot with the GoldenEditor.

For those of you who would like to check out the doors, here's the codes...

"Frigate Door Fix"
811E6B60 801D
811E6B62 8234
811E6BA4 801D
811E6BA6 7ED4
811E6C70 801D
811E6C72 7C44
811E6F5C 801D
811E6F5E 7884
811E6FA0 801D
811E6FA2 7A64
811E706C 801D
811E706E 5B7C

"Frigate Door Swing"
801EBCC8 0020

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just tried copying the bytes using the 2756 preset. When I grabbed it over the bump using the Setup editor I got "01 F3 12". Guess what I found when I looked in memory for the bytes? "01 F3 12". Same thing, still wont work. Very strange.

I think there are "warp" codes around somewhere, I think they get activated using L+R or something, Ill try to find them. "No-Clipping" codes warp you to a new coordinate to get you outside the room you are in, idk how accurately tho.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried modifying the plink myself and it won't load the level. Bizarre. It's possible it's the wrong room pointer, just happens to be visualized properly due to certain other factors. It won't show up with that new threebytes you found there?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For 2756, the gameshark mod code pointer is 801D 8234, and that points to the three bytes 01 F3 12. When I try to mod that preset with that, it still doesn't work, and its the same as I was grabbing using the setup editors grab function over that bump, so its the right room, its just messed up somehow, I don't know, really wierd, lol. Maybe the developers had the same problem and thats why these doors are all screwy. Its really the only thing in the game I can think of where something is "half" deleted, its placed but screwed up. Any other time, the preset is there, but the object is just not placed in it.

I still get confused with plinks and room pointers and stuff, but going through the setup editor using 01 F3 12 it converts it fine, and I can find the correct plink "p499c2" in the modded setup file. It just still doesn't want to work. I also have to pause and unpause alot in 1964 to get the level to load (may be the equivalent of yours crashing and not loading at all).

Update: This might be a stupid and rather obvious narrow-down, but it has to do with the setup, background or clipping data for Frigate. I thought maybe Frigate had some special coding or something really wierd so i loaded Dam with Frigates clipping, background and setup. What resulted was hilarious because of the stage scale difference (everythings so big!!), but still no door. Update-to-that-Update: Doesn't have to do with background data, loaded it with Dams background data and estimated where I was enough to still not see a door there.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These friggin Frigate doors are a pain. I loaded the mod setup and took a grab of the memory. The door still loads with the modded setup and the gameshark code on, so I figured Id check whats at that address. It has the pointer to the right plink before it like its supposed to, but the three-byte pointer is just 00 00 00 00.

Ok, so what does the game do? It sees the plink, converts the plink, looks for that number, then offsets to that number? Maybe wev'e got the wrong plink somehow, this plink doesn't convert over to the bytes by some strange reason. Is there a way to force Goldeneye to calculate a plink based on the three-byte?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The clipping for these rooms are messed up somehow. I changed the clipping file, making the old three-byte room pointers in the setup for these doors the new ones, and the new ones the old ones, thus switching the rooms. Therefore, the mod doesn't require a setup mod, the original setup now points to the right rooms, or should. And it rules out any plink conversion problems.

But it still doesn't work, and the memory pointer still blanks to "00 00 00 00". So, the game must be processing the room abit, and it decides to not use that room, it blanks the pointer. Using the gameshark to point it to the room is the equivalent of a -force option. It forces the game to load the room, because you know the room works. Something is making these rooms appear invalid to the game. If whatever it is is fixed, the rooms would work fine. (I think). Or if the game was forced to accept the rooms, then it would also work.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the information I typed out into a Notepad file back when I was trying to get the doors to appear in their correct positions by changing the plinks in the setup file...

Advanced Presets Start: 1EC0

2756: 3158, DAE4 (p46d1) > p499c2
2757: 319C, DAEC (p49d) > p286c1
275A: 3268, DB04 (p72d) > p431c2
2765: 3554, DB5C (p1404e2) > p572c2
2766: 3598, DB64 (p20d) > p538c2
2769: 3664, DB7C (p49e1) > p823d2

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Invalid presets are caused by invalid clipping. The tile collision index values (PADS) are used to identify individual tiles in the clipping file, sort of like selection in openGL. When a preset's pad value corresponds with an existing index number the preset was retained specificly because it was *thought* to be used. In this case though it wasn't, and upon triangulation the position is determined to be invalid, which it is. Seriously, the thing is floating out in the middle of nowhere ;*)

Just like the Dam and Silo hacks, the moment you place valid tiles at the position in question the position becomes valid and the pointer will be expanded. Just ensure the tile encompases the entire bounding box of the object and that the xyz position is under the object, not accounting for the offset values.

Needless to say, this is beyond the scope of the editor you're playing around with.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just fixed this yesterday (or actually technically this morning), forgot to post here. I did a clipping mod to fix the bad rooms and set the presets to them. For all these bad rooms, they were 3 point rooms with a "012" at the end of the header. Those last three digits are documented as useless in your clipping doc zoinkity, but they do something. I was messing around and set the "012" to a "999", and it worked, objects displayed fine in the room where it would just crash before.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's because I never updated the doc.
Heck, the only reason I haven't deleted all that crap off there is sheer laziness (and lack of time).

You just faked the thing into believing that the point order is invalid, forcing the thing to triangulate it manually. It's handled somewhere around 7F0D97--, but can't remember location in rom.
Just for the record, don't try that trick on console unless you use a GS. The exception isn't ignored like it is on emulators and you'll trigger an inifinite loop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: