ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

room connection problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: room connection problems Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently working on Control room v2.1 which will basically make a few small modifications to my original control room release:

1) change the wimpy weapon set to a strong one
2) Weapon placement changes
3) make the glass breakable by bullets
4) kill the room connections for non-visible rooms

I ran into a big problem with the last one. There are 5 connections I would like to destroy, however, apparently the room connections for this particular setup load into memory in the same spot that the second intro graphic (the spinny Nintendo logo) loads into because when I apply connection kills, the game either freezes completely after the very first screen or there is no logo at all (just the sound in the background) or I even get an error from the emulator when it reaches that screen telling me there's graphics errors - all dependent on which kills I have active in the cheat list.

Here's the codes (preceeded by the rooms disconnected)....
14-19 811B7330 0000
58-16 811B73A0 0000
33-11 811B73A8 0000
33-10 811B73B0 0000
88-90 811B76F8 0000

I assume this is some kind of memory interference problem. Is there any easy small-code fix to this?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a skip intro code that solves this problem. It was used in a lot of multis previously. Or does that not work?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: re: skip intro Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting the error even before the skip intro code would take effect. The skip intro does not skip the spinny nintendo logo and that is where I'm having the problems. And the problems are very specific to me applying the room connection kill code.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you put it to activator, that is only detectable in-stage or something? I've done something like that before. Like something that is only detectable in the stage, and different elsewhere, so ex. is AD in Control, and can be anything else normally. Yeah, I know uses some code space. I forget where we did this before.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Activators are really the only safe bet. Those addresses are in the same range as code for the menus. If it wasn't the legal screen it would be the folders, etc. Trigger that stuff in-game only.

On console you can get away with one activator for the whole blasted codelist if you hack your codelist a little ;*)

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: re: activators Reply with quote Back to top

I've never used activators before in any of my codes, but am I correct in that they would look something like this?

D11B7330 xxxx
811B7330 0000
D11B73A0 xxxx
811B73A0 0000
D11B73A8 xxxx
811B73A8 0000
D11B73B0 xxxx
811B73B0 0000
D11B76F8 xxxx
811B76F8 0000

If that is correct, what values do I put in the xxxx slots? I tired all zeros and the menus no longer froze but my room connection kills weren't activated either.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's how you do it. That's the 16-bit form. There's also a backwards version, D3XXXXXX that detects if value is not equal to it, then set code.

Well you'd need to look at the memory location 811B7330, and what it has in the level, is what the XXXX needs to be, which will be replaced by your 16-bit value below.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, just copy the room connection values that used to be in those positions of memory, then plop them into your activators. Once the stage has begun to load, it'll detect the values and reset them with the new data assigned to those addresses. That should fix the problem.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Worked like a charm. Now GEMASTER is gonna let me know if this improves framerates at all. I suspect it will because simply blocking off rooms doesn't kill the connection - either properly placing an actual door or manually doing it with the above codes seem to be the only ways to successfully do it.

Now, can anybody explain the discrepency in framerate between using 1964 vs PJ64? On PJ64, the Depot backzone still suffers from moderate framerate issues even in my final release, but on 1964 it apparently runs flawlessly. The Control room, however, is just the opposite - it runs flawlessly on PJ64 but has framerate issues on 1964.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: