ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

First Mission project - Library
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian_Hax
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow!!! post more!@ more@!!!!!!!!!!

coming soon to SHOOTERS FOREVER

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That safe is impressive, can't wait for this one!

Brian_Hax
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me and Hexen could do something like that except we couldn't never get a working safe

coming soon to SHOOTERS FOREVER

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to spice up the basement a bit.....

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy giant wall monitors, Batman! Surprised
That looks really cool. I definitely have to check out that setup you sent me last night. I hope that's included. Wow, that's very well done.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, dude! That looks so cool! Talk about a transformation! And complete with the small misses in the racks! Ive been trying to think of somewhere to put those things in the beta mods ive been working on. Very nice work, BMW.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mission Update:

I've finally got some ideas for objectives.

This is gonna be a library with a secret weapons facility in the basement - not sure yet if we're talking about a nuclear program or something less dangerous.

Anyways, the basement will be loaded with lab/scientist type stuff with several areas storing missles. Upstairs will be an innocent-looking library.

Agent:
-Minimize scientist/librarian casualties
-Collect Top secret information (books, possibly plans as well)

Secret Agent:
-Destroy Weapons (missles, etc)

007 Agent:
-Destroy Weapons (missles, etc)
-Destroy Weapons Control Center (consoles, computers, etc)
-????

I'm not sure what to do with my 5th objective - maybe something along the lines of photographing the missles before destroying them. If anybody has any ideas, let me know.

I've designed the level such that you're going to have to gather quite a few keys to access different areas (especially in Secret Agent and 007 modes). I don't want to give away too much information so that you guys can actually have fun figuring out how to accomplish the missions.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, it's great to hear that you've got some objectives in mind. The minimize non-military casualties is definitely an important mission goal. Only thing I'm thinking, is that photographing a weapons hold is probably better than blowing it up. That'd be an aweful big bang. A whole bunch of missiles exploding at once would be like the plastique going off in Silo. Maybe I'm just thinking of 'realism' factor, which was always kept in mind for GoldenEye. Maybe you could plant a C4 charge in each of the weapons rooms? Atleast it'll go off after 007 has already managed to escape from the library. The rest of it sounds great as is. That weapons control center could contain all of their weapon design plans and exercise data. You could download the information from it, collect the documents regarding the project, and level the entire building. MI6 would then be in possession of the weapon details, with no threat of them making more.

Anyways, I'm still eagerly awaiting your mission. It's looking very sweet. I hope you've been able get rid of that texture error that was occuring.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went through literally object by object and figured out which ones I can do without - then of those figured out which ones hogged up the most memory. I've whittled down my objects a bit without really affecting the overall look, and so far I've managed to spawn 3 different characters without errors.

And definitely some good suggestions there - you see the missles are completely blocked off, only accessible through the upstairs grates - maybe some explosives could be "planted" by throwing them through the grates.

At any rate I know I'll need some help in the future with text - when I add "rename" objects and attempt to apply text data to my keys - the game freezes immediately upon picking the key up.

EDIT - I just thought of something - doesn't blowing a place up after I'm off to safety kinda defeat the whole purpose of minimizing civilian casualties?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the same thing, but Rare did it with Silo. Most of those scientists take off to an exit, but not all of them are so lucky. What happens after Bond leaves the building, is out of his hands. Razz

That's good to hear. I would definitely suggest keeping the amount of different character body models down to about three or four. Also, make sure to use the random head sets, as only three different models will be selected out of a list that way.

Can you actually throw items through the grates? I seem to remember being able to launch grenades from the bottom up, but not sure about the other way around. Well, so long as you only need to get the item into a room, not on an object. Mess that up and your whole mission is over.

The text shouldn't be too bad. I managed to get the briefings, camera display, and ignition key all to work properly in Caves. Just make sure that you're using the Jungle text file for your stage. Check to see that the GoldenEye Setup Editor is reading your custom file, rather than the normal Jungle one. Link everything accordingly, and convert the ROM with both the setup and language files. If it's still being a pain, PM me your current setup and I'll take a crack at it.

Saberier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Shocked

You completely transformed the Library from bare bones to a whole different environment. Nice idea with the mini missiles and racks and the monitors! Good objectives too. But, what enemies and weapons are you planning in this mission and what music will be used?

Anyway nice work man! You'll hopefully motivate many people to make their own setups.

Off-Topic: I need to learn how to program so I can disassemble and try to make actual maps then use the GoldenEditor. You guys ever used a disassembler to try and hack GoldenEye?

GE/PD rules!!!

Galbadia Hotel for all your video game music needs: http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=16600

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well mainly I use Nemu's breakpointing because disassembly is more difficult with GE since it uses TLB. I have done it infrequently, but most of the time definitely nemu.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Saberier wrote:

You completely transformed the Library from bare bones to a whole different environment. Nice idea with the mini missiles and racks and the monitors!

Well....almost. I had to cut down on the monitor images - so the big screens are now all moving bars (red, green, and blue) - plus the really big one is still the moving green global map.

Saberier wrote:
But, what enemies and weapons are you planning in this mission and what music will be used?

Haven't really thought about enemies and weapons yet.
As for music, do I recall reading somewhere on this board that there's a few beta tracks? If so, I'd be interested in using one.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a link to a thread featuring the music information you require...
http://shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=1337

Take a look at SubDrag's post. The songs that don't have a level name or other description assigned to them, are not used. They are leftover tracks that are only heard in multiplayer mode. There should be atleast five or six of them. I was using "0D" for my Mining Caves mission. Some "X Tracks" are never triggered during or at the end of a mission, but were originally intended to be. Take a listen through them and see which one best suits the Library. Set the mood according to the pace you wish to achieve for your objectives. It's really the cherry-on-top for your finished product.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to some new codes from Wreck, I now have the ability to place more textures in the stage.

The only problem is I'm still maxed out to the point of getting errors with just the guns and the watch. I tried changing each and every door to a different image and the game still ran fine, no errors EXCEPT for the guns are colorful and the watch/cuff are the wrong colors.

Personally, I don't think this is a big deal since it doesn't affect gameplay. What do you guys think? Is it worth the sacrifice of some fruity looking weapons to add much more variety to the stage? I think its worth it myself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: