ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

First Mission project - Library
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

holy crap!! nice work bmw!!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, finally, after nearly a 4 month break, I'm back to working on this thing. I don't want to give away too much because that will take half the fun out of playing it for the first time. There's still some considerable work to be done, but its getting there.

In the meantime, here's a few teasers.....

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've made a LOT of progress over the past week. Objectives are basically done, custom sets are done, about all that is left is guards, paths, and a few misc. things.

So while you're waiting, here's another teaser (rather than me say anything about it, I think you can probably figure it out from the screenshots) :

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've started playing around with the intro cameras.

Time for another teaser....

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just wondering BMW, but are you going to convert it to gameshark codes or upload an IPS patch? Because I certainly would prefer a patch. BTW this level looks so totally awsome I can't wait to try it out!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol @ gameshark codes. I can't even imagine how many GS codes it would require to convert an entire setup file. Probably in the tens of thousands.

The final release will be in the form of an IPS patch. As it stands right now, it will completely replace the Facility in the solo menu and will require several gameshark codes to run. However with subdrags recent 21990 modification findings it will probably eventually be released as a pure IPS patch with no GS codes.

I don't have a release date yet, but I can tell you the level is about 95 percent done. You really have no idea (nor did I when I started this thing) how much testing is required to make sure everything works exactly as it is supposed to.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you make a demo video of your level in action? Sorry of the Noob question I asked lol. I recommend hyper cam for recording your computer movies; but it has a water mark on the top if you only use the free version.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't use hyper cam, but I did find a cheap-o piece of software that let me do a screen capture video while maintaining a framerate at least good enough for a sample video.

Now a lot of what you see in this video will change (starting weapon, certain open doors, guards, etc), and I didn't walk around the whole level, but this should give you at least a rough idea of what to expect. I didn't want to give away too much.

Oh, and this may be the only time you get to see the cutscene - there is a problem, quite possibly unfixible, associated with doing cutscenes.

For some reason the audio did not record, and the video quality isn't that great. But here ya go anyways.....

SAMPLE VIDEO

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This level is insane! It looks so good, I couldn't even tell you used the library multi for it; I wish I could learn to use the presets like that this second and start making my level; but alas rome wasn't built in a day.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was so awesome, puts my Silo mission to shame, that's for sure. I love the cutscene, I really hope you can get that working, but it'll be fine if you can't. That doesn't even look like Library, if I just saw that video without knowing what level it was I'd have thought you made a new level with Archives' textures.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that's amazing, I can't wait to play this on console!!!!! Can't believe how many objects you've squeezed in, and that scientist running (successfully is very impressive). It is a shame that cut-scene has to go. But it seems like you're going to lose the level anyways (so many guards), so maybe it will just be impossible to complete at that point and that's ok? Just fail all the objectives in action blocks and then the player can just play around if they want? Not quite sure how the level goes, so I can't say for sure, but I do want to be surprised.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The guard situation is not as bad as it looks - the alarm triggers 2 sets of 5 guards (one upstairs, one downstairs) - the mission CAN be beaten despite having set off an alarm. The only thing that ensures mission failure is if you initiate a nuclear meltdown.

And yeah, I'm still amazed at how much stuff I'm cramming into this thing. I'm very near my limit for the facility setup file, but I THINK I'm gonna be able to pull it off without having to resort to 21990 mods. Then again if you wanna play it on console it looks like you'll have to come up with some mods anyways to replace the GS codes.

I've managed to DRASTICALLY improve framerates by tagging the doors to certain rooms and having the guards in those rooms react only after those doors have been opened. This is very important in a bi-level stage (2 floors)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would think that on 00 agent it's pretty darned hard to avoid those guys. Although maybe not possible. But I really like the cut-scene and think it might be worth it to make you fail to keep it in. Not sure. It's your decision of course.

I'll definitely come up with mods for 21990 (should just be the same as changing your gameshark codes manually into 21990 file since it doesn't support ID swapping.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How do you change the starting weapon?Thats All!
Thanks Cool

ColdShadowX

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Edit Setup -> Edit Intro Block
It's in there, as well as starting ammo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: