ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Surface - graphic error rendering trees.. o_0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acidglow
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Surface - graphic error rendering trees.. o_0 Reply with quote Back to top

How do I fix this?

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4262/ge007surfaceid3.jpg

I'm on winxp professional
64MB vid card
512 ram
and using Project 64 1.6 with all default plugins from Jabo (because the other ones just don't seem to help much.. )

AcidGlows YouTube

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

use a different plugin. check out goldeneyeforever and go to goldeneye on pc. that should tell you how to fix your problem. i tried all the plugins i could find, and the one that is listed there is the best one. sorry, i dont know the name off by hand, but i am sure GE MASTER would know better than me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well use Jabos 3d8 1.6 and you should be fine. The zerojett, yep check those links and I use Rice's plugin (check right version) which runs very fast. About equal to Jabo's.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where do you download that one?

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is packaged in with pj64 latest release.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, the rice plugin on Goldeneyeforever.com is the best plugin, i think. it renders everything good, last i checked. its been a while tho.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just as a note, Jabo has mentioned to me that his new plugin associated with the beta pj64 will preoperly render goldeneye completely.

acidglow
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thankx for the help. It seems that only Rice'''s plugin fixes it. But Rice''s requires 2 times the processing power to run smoothly! Shocked Shocked
So I''ll stick to Jabo''s for now. It''s only Surface that''s messed up, the rest is fine.

Thankx for the help guys. Very Happy

P.S. Rice's plugin fixed my Fighter''s Destiny and Fighters Destiny menu problems. Very Happy

AcidGlows YouTube

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem glad we could help. Hope to see you posting again on the forums.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't want to start a new thread, since this is very similar to the problem Acidglow had been dealing with. In the Temple, the wall textures are totally fudged up. I've tried multiple different plugins to correct this, but haven't been able to get it rendering properly. I noticed under the emulation portion of the GoldenEye Forever website, that there is a screenshot of the Temple being played in 2-Player mode. The walls are rendered as they should be. You, GE Master, mention using Rice's Video Plugin 5.5.1 when taking all of those image captures. That's what got Perfect Dark running much nicer on my computer. It doesn't, however, fix the Temple walls. Perhaps there's some options that I need to set? The Temple room models suffer from the same rendering issue when ported over to PD, so it's making it hard for me to see if everything is in order. Any help would be appreciated. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's interesting. Jabo's latest plugin does also fix the messed up walls. I'm doubtful that it would be your video card..hmm. I know with Jabo's no special settings were needed. Obviously you've tried his, so I'm a little stumped at this moment.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Default settings, both Rices and Jabos work fine for me (Jabos Direct3d8) (1964). Temple has always been kind of strange though, even on Rices for me it has some strange graphical issue, although the actual walls are fine.

Sounds like your graphics card has trouble rendering that particular thing for some strange reason. I would suggest trying 1964 if youv'e been on Project 64, maybe that would help, although its doubtful.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an image of the poorly rendered walls...

Odds are, it probably has a lot to do with my graphics card. It's an onboard one that came with the computer. One of these days, I'm going to invest in a newer one that can properly emulate both GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. That'd be a welcome update.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acidglow
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Here's an image of the poorly rendered walls...

Odds are, it probably has a lot to do with my graphics card. It's an onboard one that came with the computer. One of these days, I'm going to invest in a newer one that can properly emulate both GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. That'd be a welcome update.

I have that problem too.. arggggg

AcidGlows YouTube

DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: