ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help With Gameshark and Cable Hookup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slater929
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Help With Gameshark and Cable Hookup Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone, I am trying to enter codes on my Gameshark using GSCC. I have Windows XP, a new computer which is fast enough. I have a version 3.3 Gameshark and the cable I got is a USB-parraell port. I have hooked everything up like Goldeneyeforever.com says to but I can't get GSCC auto detect to detect it. It just won't work. I've even read some other topics about this and tried their tips, but also wouldn't work. Can any of you guys help me out? Thanks a bunch.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Run this program:
http://www.lvr.com/files/para14.zip

See what port your parallel port is at, and then make sure your software (GSCCC) is aligned to that address.

TotalIO must also be running, check in the tools.

Oh wait, just reread, same post as other one. You can't use a USB to Parallel convertor. It won't work. You need the SPP-100 by Quatech (100 bucks). It works, but sets to port 400 minimum, so it's only compatible with my software, but we will probably be able to hopefully hack the tools to work with any address.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious - if your computer doesn't have a parallel port but does have an open PCI slot, would a PCI-parallel port such as this work?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That should work nicely. Laptops don't have that luxury of a PCI slot though.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: re: pci Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking for the newer desktop computers which don't have a parallel port. A lot of the newer ones (such as one of my 2 computers) don't have a parallel port but do have lots of PCI slots.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't even realize that, yeah that'll be the solution for desktops. Somebody should post a sticky FAQ on this sort of thing.

slater929
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help guys. I have one more question. Will any old printer cord work for my desktop to do this or does it have to be the one from Quatech?. My mom has a computer with a parraell port since mine does not. Was just wondering if any old parraell cable will work. Thanks again.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: cable Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know, any standard parallel port cable will work, just so long as it has the proper male/female connectors at each end. If it doesn't, you'll have to get a male to female (or visa versa) adapter otherwise you won't be able to plug the cable into your gameshark.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only buy Quatech if all you have is a laptop (expensive, and only works with my software until we get the ports fixed to 400 in GSCCC tools), and you need a parallel port. Since you've got this other computer, just plug it into that and use that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: