ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

dD Skies in Multiplayer? Possible.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: dD Skies in Multiplayer? Possible. Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. A match in the skies. Another great idea I want to come up with.

See that Buddy Bridge? I want to make that buddy bridge, that floats in the Multi dD Defection skies (Where outside out the building and the night sky).

See, look. I used the code dD Defection in Multi and thought of making objects that you can stand on right there! Yeah! Floating- in the sky! Midair combat!

(Here's the dD Defection in Multi if you're curious, replaces Base. Choose this code and choose Base and you'll be multi playing in there)

810805C0 001C
810805C2 014C
810805C4 014B
810805C8 0118

Still, I need help on making dD Skies. This is the building example. Now all I need is Respawn points, buddy bridges, and weapon locations. Here's what I say, if you know how to do these:

See, look. There's a limit of 4 Players. And a limit of 8 Sims. So that means 12 buddy bridges in the sky. Each buddy bridge has all the weapons. So all you do is respawn, walk around your floating buddy bridge and take all the weapons on yours. You cannot go to other sim's buddy bridge.

But what you can do is use projectiles to shoot the far buddy bridge of the Sims.

The respawn points are at the buddy bridge of course.

Also, if you don't like watch the dD building, there's the Cimena part of the level. (Where in the 1st Cimena scene, the CI Airship flies and Joanna talks to Carrington)

Here's the picture.

Maybe we can put the buddy bridge there. and have a great rumble.

If this was made, this would be a great level. In the skies. Midair combat. I don't know how to make the levitating cars too.

Someone please precipitate in this! It's a great idea!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate how detailed you are when explaining your ideas.
The descriptions and screenshots really help people to understand what your concepts are all about. When you first said about mid-air combat in the PM you sent to me, I thought you meant having the characters float. After reading this thread, I see that you've actually thought this through pretty well. Using Buddy Bridges is an interesting idea. There isn't a better place for it than dD Central, out amongst the buildings. When you said Buddy Bridges, I first pictured a large number of connecting bridges. They'd form some kind of pathway around the buildings. That would allow for far more movement. A player wouldn't need to worry about being limited to one bridge a piece. However, I'm not entirely sure how those bridges work just yet. From the looks of things, it's supported by the mountain rock structure. It isn't simply floating, but held in place. I can't say that for sure without checking it out in memory. You can't fall off of the sides, which I'm surprised by. I'll have to identify what the object type is, as well as the binary flags that control extra functions. We'll see whether or not this map is a possibility sometime soon. Very interesting idea, Cactus.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well another topic said someguy said that he had a floating limo in the sky...Weird. It should work. The buddy bridges should float. If not, I'm not sure anymore.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea. Seems pretty cool actually, it'd be great to have a 4 player match in the skies!

One thing though, have you confirmed you can actually walk on those buildings? I'd be surprised if they had clipping for them. You might need to trick it by adding flat glass that's indestructible or some way of allowing you to walk on buildings. Future project, cool idea. Any others?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember using a Moonjump code to levitate over to the buildings. There was only one small area where you could actually land. It was some red coloured passage, I believe. The rest of it doesn't contain any clipping. Adding glass beneath the surface of the rooftops would work, since PD allows you to stand on top of objects like glass and crates. That would be another cool Combat Simulator map, for sure.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I knew that before I had this idea. I landed there myself. Oh I get what you mean. Do you mean standing on buildings when we put in the glass? Yeah that'll be sweet.

But how do I would know where to put them? The X,Y,Z coordinates?

Is there a code for them? Maybe I should read Krijy's mod FAQ saying anything about placing objects in a specific position.

PerfectSim
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea cactus.I had been toying around with object placement and ended up with a limo in the sky etc..I'll try to help you.Dont expect me to be as good or fast as Wreck or Subdrag though.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah okay, but still placing object what's the x,y,z coordinates of the hexadecimal code? Can you show me an example of your flying limo code?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe PerfectSim was using the already made Pad Positions that were included in another Pad file, belonging to a different stage. When brought into the one he was modifying, the position wasn't at ground level. This resulted in his limousine being placed in the air. It's possible that the binary flags forced the object to its Y Coordinate, causing it to spawn in mid-air.

Using glass to make false clipping on the buildings in the dD Central skyline would require precise modification of the Pads themselves. They'd need to be measured out from end-to-end, ensuring the entirity of the structure is covered. You'd also need to find the coordinates for each building, roughly at center point of the rooftop.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it's not that easy. I'll try my best to do something.

PerfectSim
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cactus i was playing around with modifying ammo crates etc.That is how i ended up with objects in the sky.I was also using pre deterimined pads(as Wreck said).Tried to get something going on your idea but no luck so far...Im still new at this.I'll keep trying though.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there's one problem though, you wouldn't have those cars/ships floating through the air in multiplayer and I'm pretty sure there's no way to add them into a multiplayer level.

and you can't just add objects into a level, you have to modify objects that are already in the level. so if you're using base's set up, you have 24 crates that you can change into any object you want (like buddy bridges from the skedar ruins) and five doors. 24 crates wouldn't be anywhere near enough to make an entire level over the city like you want.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I at least need 12 crates. That's the least I can use. 1 floating buddy bridge for 1 Sim. But I don't think I can put the respawn points there.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wait, you just want to have 12 floating bridges with one person on each? that would be lame since there would be little room to dodge and no cover at all. I aint trying to pop your bubble here man, but I don't think it's a good idea and there's not enough crates to make a good level out of it. it would be a good idea if you had 100 crates.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And what's wrong with that? Dodge and cover is good, but I'm just trying to make a real fun level here. It's not a super action level. It's more like a level to have fun in the skies.

But how can I have 100 Crates in one level?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: