ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Best Plugin for PD...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Best Plugin for PD... Reply with quote Back to top

I use Project64 to emulate Perfect Dark, but not all of the effects are properly being displayed. In the PD Complex Combat Simulator map, the hilighted areas aren't lit up. The blue hallway, yellow rampway, and red zone, do not feature the RGB Shading that they have on console. I've tried switching plugins, but none of them seem to handle everything at once. Does anyone know what the best plugin is for PD? I really need to download it soon. I'm in the middle of a project and am unable to see whether or not the RGB Shading is actually working. I can't tell you what it is just yet, but you'll find out sometime down the road. The Jabo plugins I have don't show the hilighted areas, but render everything else pretty well. The Rice plugin I have does show most of the hilights, but not all. It also has trouble rendering certain textures and effects on them. Is there one out there that is capable of emulating the PD Complex exactly the same way as it appears on console? Thanks for your time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, I really think that Jabo's latest is likely the best. I'm sure you've tried it out. Just as a side note, you really have to make a change in the advanced settings of Jabo's so that you don't have that glitchy blurring of the sky where it creates a jumbled mess. Very important. I dunno, there really aren't any great plugins for doing PD.

http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/

That is the best one, little complicated with the wrappers, which I don't understand. Might be worth figuring out Wreck so you can tell me how to use it!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the response.
I've been using the Rice Video Plugin 5.5.1 this past week. After changing some of the settings in the PJ64 v1.6 menu, it actually runs PD quite well. All of the RGB texture shading I was speaking of is being rendered now. It definitely helped out with my project, which will remain a secret. If it weren't for getting the RBG to show, I would've been at a standstill. But it's all good now, just so everyone knows. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, can't you just pretend to have a problem still and figure out glide 64??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: