ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help File Wish List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Help File Wish List Reply with quote Back to top

How about setting up a help file wishy list. Right now I'm still in the terrible state of getting the basic objects and actions in there, but afterwards I'd love to cover the most common or requested stuff. A sort of How-to.

On the list already is the aptly-named "The Spy Who Loved Me" section. I've almost completed one page which covers mocking the objectives. There are two causing problems as of yet. That's been rather well outlined in the help so far, so no need to cover it again.

Anything else though can be added. Is there anything specific about writting actions that needs to be covered, or how to link and loop? Just name something and it probably will wind up in there.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Admittedly I don't have the help file installed on this computer, but I'm guessing this specific issue is not addressed in it.

Doors that open "away from player" - you also need to set the first binary flag to "1" - this corrects the problem associated with the fact that the door is only pointed to one room - when you open it towards the room that it is pointed to, you have no problems. But when you open it the other way, it disappears (visibly) into thin air.

Setting the first binary flag to 1 checks the "on table" attribute. Not sure if this is a mistake in the editor or if the first binary flag being a 1 has multiple uses.

So anyways, either add this to the help file or change the editor so that the first binary flag is automatically set to "1" when the "open away from player" attribute is checked.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"on table" has multiple uses. Admittantly they need to be renamed, and in at least some way the help addresses this. It has many effects, from forcing objects to be "active", placing stuff on top of other objects using concurrent but different presets, and forcing this said behaviour. not sure exactly what its feature is in the game code, so the effects are listed instead.

The door page hasn't been finished yet, just because it is so freaking long and has a few dozen images. That has been covered and will be in the next release hopefully. It was known behaviour though.

One door feature that was overlooked is being implemented. We're calling it "clear" since it actually causes the object to be restricted to its preset bindings, clearing as it moves. Plus I saw some internal text to that effect. It was in the docs but was overlooked until the help was being written.

Another oversight that will be covered in the editor is the tank firing effect. Not very useful, but so cool.

The next help installment with any luck will be available early December.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: