ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My thoughts on this whole mess involving Skorpion

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: My thoughts on this whole mess involving Skorpion Reply with quote Back to top

Well it seems while I was away there was a pretty big fight that led to Skorpion being removed as an admin and banned.

First I want to say I think it was a bad idea to delete his account because it leaves the forum filled with posts that were replaced with the word "DELETED" including in many of the announcements. You could've just perma banned his account and IP. I would've still replaced the announcements though because I think they'd just serve as a reminder.

Now from what I gather, he was banned for intimidating and provoking other people on here, one of them being somebody named Flopper. Definitely not calling anyone a liar but he never seemed like that type of person before and it seems very out of character for him.

So who are the other people involved and what did he say to intimidate or provoke them? It seems from me searching the boards that he was doing some type of project with this flopper guy but I don't really see any fighting between them.

It seems like he admits it in his farewell post by saying he was "banned for provoking and intimidating others" but then he said he felt it was odd he was banned but he wasn't gonna mention why because the staff are probably sick of it. What's he mean by that? Was he in some way provoked or attacked? Just seems very strange to me that he would act in such a way.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also had no clue about this controversy when I came back a couple weeks ago.

Flopperr999 hasn't been around here recently either; for some reason he got removed from the list of moderators, probably because of this Skorpion incident. I do know that Skorpion had his share of problems, though.

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

none of our business, I would like to hear what happened, but well... I can live without that information as well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure why this thread even exists. The guy is gone, I posted his written farewell, we gave a brief explaination on why he was removed.

1. Flopperr999 said he was retiring from the scene. He was removed from the list of General Moderators after that, since he wasn't going to be around anymore.

2. Skorpion removed himself from the General Moderators usergroup.

3. The two of them had constant issues, according to Skorpion, but none of which were brought up on the message board. Everything was either in e-mails or PMs.

4. Unfortunately, do to his posts being deleted, you can not see some of the things he'd said towards many of the staff members here. Those things ultimately got him taken off the board.

That's all that I'm going to say. I had hoped that this topic would've been over with already, but I guess not.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I happen to know that Skorpion was pretty messed up.

I tried to help him, but he somehow thought that I was conspiring against him, and eventually he got me so angry that I told him off and left the forum.

I'm very glad he's gone now... Evil or Very Mad

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Past is the past. The future is a mystery. But today is a gift.. thats why they call it present Wink (or somethin like that)

Just drop it already. Skorps an ok guy. Hopefully this thread will be locked (no offense to whoever started it)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was actually considering locking this after my response, but wasn't sure whether or not it'd make me look like an ass. But since most of the staff would probably suggest doing so, and even other members don't see the harm in it...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: