ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Texture Pack 1st Release
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zodiac
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye Texture Pack 1st Release Reply with quote Back to top

This is an early version of the texture pack I said I would post. Dam, Facility, and Runway are retextured. Not completely, but a lot of the textures have been replaced and some textures will still be replaced. I'm adding some more screenshots to this too. I hope everyone enjoys this and thank you for checking it out:)
This has only been tested with Ricevideo. If your game lags in the hallways where the scientist rooms are in Facility then you can remove the scientist clothing textures from that folder. It is under character clothes>scientist clothes. I'm not sure why it makes the game lag on my system but it does. Let me know if you have any questions about it. The link for download is at the bottom.

Here is the download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/451478902/Goldeneye.rar

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ohh my god... that is amazing dude.

Props!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some of those new textures are really nice, I especially like the scientist. If you keep at this, it could turn into a fantastic update. I'd even say some things are on par with the XBLA version that never got released. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Snow looks very weird and doesn't sit right. Also, you made dam look very pretty! Also, I suggest using 7zip. It compressed the texture pack down to 20 mb when I compressed it.

Zodiac
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the kind compliments everyone:) I appreciate the feedback. Cool, I'll check into 7zip now. If it's a better method then I definitely don't mind using it. Thanks. I don't mind criticism if it will help the project. I'll keep in mind anything anyone says. I want it to be as good as it can so I'm open to suggestions. I'd like to keep the original feel of the game graphics and just enhance them for the most part.

Commandant
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That Commandant looks great!

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That looks really nice, love the detailed textures.
By any chance could these textures be imported into Goldeneye X, and used in the next update?

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunatly doing that would make it playable only on emulation due to the n64's 4kb limit, so no.

Nice work though. yeah the snow is a bit weird.

I took some photos of snow while it was here for use as textures.
To me a snow texture should be a white/grey/blue VERY fine pixle map. (cristals)

There is a section of wall in dam that is very repetative... same inside...
Also the comandants medals... :no: I dont think he'd ware them on Duty...
Persides there up on his shoulder... Laughing

The scientists are very crisp, I like them. (pitty your screen had 2 doak's... dam cloaning facility... Razz )

Trev

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor, do you mean that the n64 only has 4KB of space for textures?

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

he's talking about only 4kb of texture cache, or TMEM.
this memory holds the texture IN USE. when the rendering process needs a texture, it copies that texture from main RAM into TMEM, which is a 4k block of cache RAM embedded in the RCP for very fast access. Ideally it will use the texture in all the needed surfaces of the scene that need it before loading another one.

each texture needs to fit in TMEM

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
That looks really nice, love the detailed textures.
By any chance could these textures be imported into Goldeneye X, and used in the next update?

You can if you manipulate the files in the folder and apply them to goldeneye x with the emulator and the glide plugin and the other one-

thing is you have to look for the textures one by one and see how they match.

emulator exclusive only.

One question to the hackers:
Perfect Dark features Bump mapping - can the high res textures and some hack trick in the rom cause snow and brick and the asfalto have this effect enabled?

This would make goldeneye X even better looking on the PCs

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a good thread about shaders at emutalk which talk about this. The problem is that there are not as many active plugin developers then there was a few years ago.

RPGGamer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty cool.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to check these textures, if it weren't my crappy video card Twisted Evil Facility looks like professionally made, but the snow is a bit weird, no? It should be a bit more white.

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

Simdrew1993
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I seen this a while back, it's pretty sweet!
I have to agree with MAURO about the snow though it doesn't look quite right but either way great job! this looks like how I imagined the XBLA version would have been if it were ever released. Very cool.

stolens right about plugin developers, I just wish their were more people to better develop the plugins for the emulators I always seem to get problems and it seems like there are rarely any updates these days. People keep making Xbox360/PS3/Wii emulators, but in my opinion I think they should focus on making a complete Perfect N64 one first then work on the others.

I made a PD texture pack but my graphics card is starting to go out so I might not be able to release it or even show it.
Enjoy my discovered glitch videos in PD 64..I've discovered quite a bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: