ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Action block Give/Remove/Force Use player Item

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Action block Give/Remove/Force Use player Item Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone-

I've had a particularly enigmatic little issue where I'd like a NPC to give Jo an item. I'm looking at later removing it.

That aside, I'm back on the "use slow-mo as a feature" bandwagon and was wondering if I could give Jo the combat boost, and then force its use through the action blocks. I remember Goldeneye had something similar, but for the life of me I cannot seem to find it in PD.

Doesn't help that I've got a really funny eye problem at the moment (Quadrantanopia - don't look it up, there's lots of BS out there) and we've got no idea why it's happened Sad

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know in GE, there's a way to simply take an item from a guard and add it to player.
My attention has been elsewhere for awhile, but I'm recalling that the only way to give a 16-tagged object is through 006A? I think it works for both guards and players, but it gave out new copies when called multiple times (instead of passing the item around) when I tested it last year. You can remove an inventory ID with 01DC, but I believe that only works for players, so I dunno if you can remove a specific item from a guard. Could maybe get away with setting Conceal Weapon and Weapon Not Dropped (flags 20002000 with PDaction 00AA) at the same time as you give the item to Jo?

In other news, you can forcibly switch to an item, but you can't forcibly use it. I believe for GE that was E3, and for PD that was 00EC.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Force slow mo for a bit is something I'm also interested.

I hope your eye problem will go away.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In PD (and GE-X), you can give the player(s) an item at the start of the mission through an action block. Unlike GE, where you are given the same inventory for each difficulty, PD assigns gadgets based on the current Agent mode. You could probably do the same sort of thing, but instead give it to the player(s) after a different check. You will need to see some setup files to see how they do it. Defection may be a good start, since the Data Uplink and maybe even ECM Mines are not on the easiest setting. I suggest looking at the 1XXX blocks.

Also, you can remove a weapon ID from your inventory with an action. PD does this in a few places. I think G5 Building is one, where you use the safe cracker in the vault. Blonde's Revenge likely does the same with the Skedar Bomb. Air Base goes one step further, by using another action, which strips your entire inventory. So if you need to take something away from a player, you can.

Sorry to hear about your eye condition. Is it something that clears up over time / medication?

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was sure I'd seen something like that in PD, one of the missions I'm working on is "told in post as a pub story" so the player plays through it a couple of times with different arrangements and loadouts. Might be tricky to do but I'm sure it'll be fun.

Pertaining to health: It looks like I might have MS, which isn't bad at all considering the scary alternatives that could have caused a sudden vision loss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: