ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Found a hidden character in the Air Base level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Found a hidden character in the Air Base level Reply with quote Back to top

Turn on the walk through doors code (80285798 0001) and start up the Air Base level, then head down the tunnel to where the stewardess is. Usually it's just her and two guards there but for some reason with WTD on you'll find a 2nd stewardess. All she does is walk around aimlessly and when she spots you she runs halfway down the tunnel before she cowers in fear and screams "there's a maniac on the loose!" in a man's voice. Weird. Since you're only using a walk through doors code, I'm not sure why it makes an extra character appear and as far as I know this is the only instance of that happening in the game.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just sat there l0l

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Found a hidden character in the Air Base level Reply with quote Back to top

That code allows walking through doors and characters. It also applies to the player and other characters. That extra stewardess spawns in the exact same spot as one of the NSA guards who rushes in after the computer is used. Since that guard spawns first in the level's setup, the stewardess is not allowed to spawn into that spot. Since that code removes collision for characters, she is able to spawn in with the code on.

Her script seems to be lifted straight from the Chicago mission. She's likely an early attempt at Air Base civilians the developers never properly removed. She never appears under normal circumstances, so it's easy to forget about.

Edit: And after wandering further into the base, there is a CIA civilian from Chicago meandering about in the baggage area. He has the same script as the extra stewardess and tries to spawn on top of an NSA guard.

The script itself doesn't seem to be unused, as there is a civilian who does properly spawn in the TV room before the offices. Problem is, you can't enter that area under disguise unless you check in your equipment (door is locked on lower difficulties), which means you need to rush to the computer to deactivate security. And once you do that, the NSA guards attack and that civilian is killed most of the time (and behaves differently).

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation Lazlo. I guess that explains why she sometimes uses male voice clips. The office worker in the TV room uses the same lines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: