ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

N64 - The World is Not Enough?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: N64 - The World is Not Enough? Reply with quote Back to top

Has anybody ever played this game for the N64? I don't believe I've ever seen any mention of it in these forums. I never knew it existed and am just now playing it for the first time. The graphics don't look too bad but I'm not quite sure I like the overall feel of the game.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's just all right really, barely passable, typical EA Bond game. There's not much great about it. You have to remember it was the next bond game after Goldeneye, and that's what everyone expected. That was dashed rather fast. I don't remember it too well, one of the levels gave me a headache, but it was just an average so so game, maybe worth playing once or twice.

DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: N64 - The World is Not Enough? Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still supposed to pick up a copy of The World Is Not Enough one of these days, back as part of a trade I made with a local used entertainment merchandise store. As SubDrag put it, it's your average EA First-Person Shooter James Bond 007 title. Personally, I thought the graphics were horrible. Far too many jagged edges. That's one thing you can say about GoldenEye, it didn't suffer from that problem. I also hated the fact that you'd need to automatically restart the mission when an objective was failed. But, I won't say anymore. Not until I've gotten a chance to play through it again.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played through the first level and I actually thought the game was alright. Certainly not as good as the original Goldeneye, but I can't complain. Graphically, (keep in mind I am playing this via emulation) I thought it was pretty good. I believe this was an expansion-pak-compatible game, so this might explain why you remember the graphics sucking (if you were playing it without an expansion pak).

Then again, I've only played a few FPS games in my life, so I don't have much to compare it to.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have this game, I havent played in a while but I remember the last time I played it I hated it for several reasons. One that really bugs me is the absolute lack of any detail in the characters, I rememeber enemies that are simply tan and grey blockish things, really horrible.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I could judge it as two steps down, but after GE came out what else could there have been? Someone had to make the follow-ups.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was an above average shooter. I like the weapons and graphics style a lot, and the difficulty was prettty well balanced. The MP wasn't too good though, and the cheat times were near impossible.

One odd thing about it was that it appeared to have loading screens. (???)

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
I could judge it as two steps down, but after GE came out what else could there have been? Someone had to make the follow-ups.

I agree. I don't think there has been, nor ever will be, any bond game thats better. But the follow ups have to be made to keep people interested. Its not the fact that the newer games are bad, its just that we all have a tendency to hold everything up to the standards of the origionals.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MP blew monkey-butt and seriously, what was that nonsense about Good guys and Bad?

Why they didn't alias the screen like most other N64 games I'll never know, but the one thing I really, really didn't like was the total BS load screens. The interesting thing is that the load screens weren't even necessary. There's even a code that utterly abolishes them.

Okay, the 5-10 minute long stage where you swim was just idiotic. Jumping is pretty much uncalled for in any non-platform based game. There was virtually no distinguishable difference between explosives and pop-cans. The MP stage design was utterly attrocious with 1, maybe 2 exceptions.

The biggest issue was scale. The stages themselves were linear but not necessarily bad. Unfortuantely most were long. As in physically long. It took for freaking ever to move anywhere in that bloody game.

Typical crappy EA 1st-person shooter. They should just stick to Madden.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: