ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have actually moved onto using the Beta editor Smile Just figured it might be worth reporting.

I still can't figure out why guards won't behave in any aggressive fashion when triggered to the 0007 action block. I did notice a few settings on the path nodes which seemed to allow walking to Johanna ("guard walks straight to" being one) and figured it'd be cool to have a "edit selected" option for the path objects Smile

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
I still can't figure out why guards won't behave in any aggressive fashion when triggered to the 0007 action block. I did notice a few settings on the path nodes which seemed to allow walking to Johanna ("guard walks straight to" being one) and figured it'd be cool to have a "edit selected" option for the path objects Smile

I posted in your thread about the guards, but I guess you didn't notice because you finished editing it a single minute after I posted it. If what I said doesn't help, tell me if the guards are simply crouching in place or endlessly twitching back and forth into crouching.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark did you click Check Syntax? That checks for basic things wrong in action blocks. As lazlo mentioned, you are missing a 03 yield in the first loop, so it will infinite loop and hang the game.

Also, double check you're on latest beta, as I can't recreate.

Is it not the same style values as GE?

XX values:
00 = no reaction, torso damage
01 = left foot
02 = left shin
03 = left thigh
04 = right foot
05 = right shin
06 = right thigh
07 = pelvis
08 = head
09 = left hand
0A = left forearm
0B = left upper arm
0C = right hand
0D = right forearm
0E = right upper arm
0F = torso

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that crash was totally on me lol. I also seem to have goofed something up with the level proper so might do the rinse and repeat thing until I've got it sussed out.

Sorry about the hassle! As another question: Is it possible to get the "built in" action blocks (such as the 0007 or 0006 blocks) so we can get a look at what the AI is doing on those, or do they contain a heap of clever custom code?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Action block samples are available in the editor, in the folder ActionBlockSamples\PD or ActionBlockSamples\GE. In the correct mode, you can just import the .act files one by one in Action Block Editor to view them.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is exceptional! Thank you! I'll have a skim through and see if I can figure out why the guards would all be opting not to pursue Jo.

I've been having a play with the engines visibility methods pertaining to the placement of geometry and haven't quite figured out how it works. I figured it'd be a AABB box visibility, but I guess that's why Rare opted to include extra visibility settings.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Is it not the same style values as GE?

That was the first thing I tried, but I didn't see a difference like I did when testing GE. 0019 has a byte for using the secondary function and has three other bytes that I couldn't figure out the purpose of. The body part shot is clearly supposed to be present, but I swear it didn't do anything.

On the topic of built-in action blocks, I dug into and identified them. Here's the list of them, they should fit into the combobox...

0005 Switch Control Back to Joanna and End
0008 Get Up From Sitting, Jump to 0007
0009 Sub-Action 0132.0100, Overwrite Subroutine, Then End
000A Guard Console Operation (Subroutine)
000B Jump to 000C If Alerted or Sees Trouble
000C Various Guard Attacks (Subroutine, Can Be Standalone)
000D Get Up From Sitting, Jump to 000C
000E Jump to 0007 When Jo in Sight
000F Guard Attempts Melee (Subroutine)
0010 Guard Greets Disguised Jo (Subroutine)
0011 React to Grenade, Unused? (Subroutine)
0012 Perfect Buddy Setup
0013 Perfect Buddy Setup + Fast Run Anims
0014 Perfect Buddy Main Actions
0015 Perfect Buddy Stealth/Hide for Cinema
0016 Periodically Show Objectives Failed Message
0017 Guard/Simulant Initialization (0145/0146), Then End
0018 Random Wasting Time Animation (Subroutine)
0019 Pick Sitting/Typing Animation (Subroutine) buggy
001A Guard Checks Disguise for 1 Sec, Jump to 0004
001B Guard Curious About CamSpy (Subroutine)
001C Guard is Surprised, Then Jumps to 0007
001D Guard Searches Around for Jo
001E Random Searching Animation (Subroutine)
001F Wait for Detect, Simple
0020 Perfect Buddy Teleport, Then Jump to 0014
0021 Twitch If Shot, Does Nothing Else
0022 Guard Says Taunt, Then End
0023 Guard Hops Sideways, JAL to 0007
0024 Follow Jo Around
0025 Ultimately Do Nothing
0026 Setup Defected Guard (Psychosis Gun)
0027 Defected Guard Actions
0028 Wait for 0176 to Pass, Then JAL to 0029
0029 Go to 002A If Not Dead, Else Loop Forever
002A If Dying/Dead, Go to 0028
002B Guard Dodges in Surprise (Subroutine)
002C Set 10000400 to Right-Side Guard Object Flags, JAL to 001D
002D Set Invincible, Then Jump to 0000

And, here's some additional notes for knowledge:

0012: Sets objective bit 00000080 on Air Force One and Skedar Ruins.

0013: Same as 0012, but doesn't set buddy's FC id, uses Alertness C8 instead of 64, and sets fast run anims. Most likely Pugilist.

0015: Checks for Prerecorded Camera and sub-action 01B4 every second. If it goes on for long enough, Buddies set tags 3 "00100200" and teleport to pad 00F8.

0019: Picks sitting or sitting-while-typing anim, but doesn't set as looping, so guard resets to standing at some point.

001F: What most of the skedar use in Attack Ship. Ignores CamSpy, seeing a disguise sends alerts but user won't react, and the alarm check has no return value which resets the block while the alarm is sounding.

0020: This resets and enables the cycle counter without using it.

0023: Has an unused branch using an unknown sub-action that I've yet to test.

0025: Waits for active target to die, then enters an endless loop of doing nothing every 0x258 cycles.

0027: May also be the Aggressive block for Buddies?

0029: Also sets Health to 50 and Reaction speed to 64.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for all of that! They're really invaluable when figuring out what is responsible for doing what! I've also been wondering how many of the unidentified action blocks have function behind them - it's a shame we can't scram them all to some sort of table and check data lengths at least.

While this is totally the wrong topic I've been picking through the AI center, 0007 mainly, and trying to pick out why guards don't give chase in any of the custom levels I've made. I used different sounds as a "breakpoint" if you will. It'd seem that the "Guard Object Flags" keep channeling the AI down one path where they end up simply kneeling and shooting. I copied setup blocks from Defection for priming the guards, but is there something else that has to be done first to get "normal" behavior?

I also see a lot of odd commands linking down to the point that's always triggered, such as:
Guard Moves to Predefined Preset (2328) 001E (01)
And I'm totally sure I don't have that preset in my level! lol

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
While this is totally the wrong topic I've been picking through the AI center, 0007 mainly, and trying to pick out why guards don't give chase in any of the custom levels I've made. I used different sounds as a "breakpoint" if you will. It'd seem that the "Guard Object Flags" keep channeling the AI down one path where they end up simply kneeling and shooting. I copied setup blocks from Defection for priming the guards, but is there something else that has to be done first to get "normal" behavior?

In the Object Editor (Edit Setup > Edit Objects), unset both of the "Guard Stays in Place" flags for each guard you added. Those flags are what's keeping them from pursuing Jo. There'll likely be more issues beyond that, but I want to be sure you see my post this time. Smile

MRKane wrote:
I also see a lot of odd commands linking down to the point that's always triggered, such as:
Guard Moves to Predefined Preset (2328) 001E (01)
And I'm totally sure I don't have that preset in my level! lol

The 2328 is a pad that's been assigned to the current guard. It's, uh, like a variable used to store a pad on a guard so he can refer to it later. One use is so multiple guards can have the same action block, but run to different pads. The feature is in both GE and PD.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:

In the Object Editor (Edit Setup > Edit Objects), unset both of the "Guard Stays in Place" flags for each guard you added. Those flags are what's keeping them from pursuing Jo. There'll likely be more issues beyond that, but I want to be sure you see my post this time. Smile

SERIOUSLY!!! This has held me up for over a week trying to figure out. Why would they even have that!?! Right - now onto trying to get something fun setup finally! lol

Thank you so much for the help, I'm sure I'll be bugging someone about something soon (probably involving a lockup or two)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice job on the built in actions...that bothered me in the past that we didn't sort them out.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are there hot keys to switch between modes? While finishing my portals in the GSE I found myself wishing I could hit a key to change the mode to Rooms and then to Portals.

I am still amazed this editor exists.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, that's not a bad idea, I made Shift-1 to Shift-6 be the hotkey way to switch modes (all keys can be changed in preferences).

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i updated the editor, but now doesn't open

https://i.imgur.com/OlLHGvo.png

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try redownloading.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 41 of 107

Jump to: