ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry my internet's slow today, it's still uploading. Try again in a little bit.

RyanDwyer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

In relation to the global action scripts, I made a tool to extract them and display them in an easily readable format here:

https://ryandwyer.gitlab.io/gepd-function-explorer/ge-global.html
https://ryandwyer.gitlab.io/gepd-function-explorer/pd-global.html

The code that generates this, including the instruction registries, is available here: https://gitlab.com/ryandwyer/gepd-function-explorer

There may be some instructions I've reverse engineered that you guys don't have in the setup editor. I don't know which ones, sorry.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Subdrag, when exporting a PD action block, the editor adds an extra "CR" type line break to every line. This causes the line breaks to be CR‑CR‑LF, which in turn makes the 39850 editor import consider the blocks as too big. This only happens when exporting with the PD Action Block Editor—GE appears to be fine.

... Also, you have "Sniper.act" inside the PD folder, but it's intended for GE. I was wondering why that one was crashing the editor for awhile...

And RyanDwyer, I took a small look at your PD definitions, and they look like they were initially created with outdated information. For example, it's claiming 009B, 009C, and 009D are stage flags, but I've confirmed they actually refer to the current guard's setup flags (grenades, clones, surprised, pullout pistol, etc.). I know it'd be a pain, but you should grab the latest beta of the setup editor and use the action names from 0000 to 0100 for reference. I uncovered a few after that range, but not a lot, yet.
However, I do see you've gathered some new information by searching all the level action blocks. I saw a number of hints that could help in uncovering the unknown sub-actions. I'll definitely give it a full look over sometime in the eventual future.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK it should be the same as GE mode, got rid of the \r

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, looks right. In other news, the music selection comboboxes in the 39850 editor's Stage Options have duplicates in the list.

And also, I figured out a few more sub-actions:

008F is "If Guard ID's Alertness is Less Than XX, Return Value Loop" and will need a Guard ID combobox at the middle byte. In other words, the second byte.
(Stumbled upon this when poking around G5 Building again. The block it's in expects it to be a greater than check, but since it's really a less than, it passes immediately instead of waiting to detect Jo.)

0165 is actually "If Guard ID's Shot Hit Target, Return Value Loop"

017F needs a music selection combobox.

01B7 is "Set Guard ID's Cloak State" and needs a Guard ID combobox for the left-most byte.
Code:
01B7.##.XX.YY Set GuardID#'s cloak state.
XX = 01 cloaks, 00 uncloaks.
YY = 00 don't play sound.

01C5 is "Current Guard Dodges in Surprise"

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick thought: How easy is it to put a "goto object in object editor" similar to the paths? I think it'd speed up workflow a touch Smile

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, it's been awhile and the PD actions I listed don't appear to have been added yet. Just offering a reminder.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I did miss this post. It's been updated to include the actions in beta. Also go to object in object editor added to right click menu on objects/guards in visual editor.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. It all looked correct. I found some more today, though!

011E is "If Guard ID is Human Body, Return Value Loop" and needs a guard ID combobox on the first byte. This also needs to be a coloured return value.

011F is "If Guard ID is Skedar Body, Return Value Loop" and needs a guard ID combobox on the first byte.

0120 is unknown...but it should be a coloured return value.

016F is "If Guard ID Not Disarmed, Return Value Loop"
Code:
016F.##.??.RR If guard ID # not disarmed, return RR.
Dying doesn't count, but what does count is dying then shooting a crossbow bolt off the body.
?? is usually 00.

0170 is "Current Guard Runs to/Checks Dropped Weapon, Return Value If Success" and needs to be a coloured return value.
Code:
0170.XX.RR Current guard runs to dropped weapon, return RR if can.
XX = 01 check if can path to, XX = 00 jog to.
Crashes if there is no dropped weapon to check.
Block 0007 starts with 01 to check if can, and if it passes runs to with 00, THEN waits for distance check.

0171 is "If Distance to Dropped Weapon is Less Than X, Return Value" and needs to be a coloured return value.

0172 is "Guard's Dropped Weapon is Added Back to Hand, Return Value" and needs to be a coloured return value.
Code:
0172.##.RR Current guard's dropped weapon is added back to hand, return RR.
Can only re-add one weapon. Returns even if weapon is gone.
Not sure what ## does. Not a death check and doesn't affect other guards... Set to FD for now.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting ones, it's updated.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I'd like to report a bug. This causes the visual window to become unresponsive and eventually crash. First open a map, then the visual editor. Then open the action block editor and focus on that window. Then, click the visual window and press tab right after (quickly). It will change the cursor to the red crosshair but the window will become unresponsive. This is more common when viewing a busy scene or all rooms.

Please fix this thank you.

Last edited by pavarini on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed something that is present in the GE side, but not PD. In the Edit Intro Block menu, under Spawn Points, you can click a "Go to in Visual" button for GE, but it isn't there for PD. I guess this should be included for any PD item that uses pads (such as Case, Case Spawns and Hills).

Also, pickup IDs in PD are supported from FA-FE in the Visual window, but are absent from the Edit Objects menu. If you check a level like Skedar multi, you will see the weapon ID selection box is empty for those later weapons.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I fixed, or at least improved to not be unresponsive, the tab fly mode thing. Also, fixed the PD goto and up to FE thing.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that l'm reminded of it, the PD Action Block Editor doesn't have the "Set Unique Return Value Loop" or "Scan Objective Bits" buttons. If you can add those in, that would be quite helpful.

And, the pop-up the "Scan Objective Bits" creates...it usually goes off screen with all the entries it lists. Could you please give the pop-up fixed dimensions and draw the text in a scroll-able field?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I copied those to PD. Also, the Scan Objective Bits now copies to clipboard, so at least you can paste into notepad and view it there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 42 of 107

Jump to: