ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New editor features - Brush for vertice coloring,Key changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: New editor features - Brush for vertice coloring,Key changes Reply with quote Back to top

In the latest beta and full installer, I have added some long awaited features.

1) Vertice shading
Press control-H to stop moving in room positions. While in room positions mode, right click and say Open Vertice Coloring Tool. It by default changes into brush mode (you could also click brush). This is your color you are painting. You can use color picker, or type in hex, dec, or float, or use sliders. The color will change on edit control showing color. Now click the vertices you want to make that color. If you hold K while clicking it will color the whole triangle instead of just the closest vertice. Some vertices are shared, so don't be alarmed if in vertice mode it changes a couple triangles when clicking. Hold alt and click in room positions while in brush mode to use dropper (use that color as color to apply to brushed Tris)

There is a texturing mode Solid/Wireframe ny clicking hi res textures etc until goes to Solid/Wireframe which should help show where vertices are.

Also, there's darken/lighten mode. Enter it by pressing middle mouse button while brush is out. Now when you click and move (can't hold mouse, have to move it) it will darken or lighten. Press and hold L and then press middle mouse button once to switch between darkened and lightening. Press middle mouse button to return to other mode.

In both modes you can paint by dragging the mouse too instead of just clicking.

2) Key mapping changes
It's been long requested, you can now edit the key presses for editor in Tools->Preferences on the last tab.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm amazed nobody has replied to this yet!!

anyway, great work and thanks for the new tools, as always.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also surprised, they've been long requested. Anyways, I also added Output Room Positions .txt file (and reexport rooms), and just today added Replace Image but there's a checkbox now that only does current triangle instead of all of them or all in room (beta editor only).

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im always getting the latest beta to see what you have added, these features sound cool, there are so many features i havnt even tryed yet but always appreciated. Put a log on the vault to show latest features.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK I made a blog for all editor updates. I'll try and put anything here.

http://goldeneyevault.com/blog/

If you have to sign up a user account don't use a secure pw.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: