ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DeleD Valid Textures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftClick
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: DeleD Valid Textures Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to texture my custom level within DeleD CE, and I've chosen the textures I want to use. I've converted them to have below 24 colors within Gimp, and I've put them inside the Textures folder in the DeleD directory, but DeleD won't accept them as valid textures. I've also tried to convert them in Irfanview, but that doesn't work either.

---
Completed Levels: Missile Facility, Research Complex, Prison, Infiltration

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deled doesn't like images with less than 24 bits. You'll have to make a copy of your <24bits textures (you'll use them later) and save them as 24bit. What I do is having 24bit PNGs to use as deled textures and 254-color BMPs for GE Editor.

Use the 24bit textures to work in Deled and once you export to OBJ, put the <24bit color textures in the same folder as the OBJ and the MTL. If you are using BMPs let them overwrite the ones generated after exporting. If you are using PNGs or JPGs open the MTL file with the notepad and change the extensions to BMP.
Now create the textures.txt and follow the tutorials to import your level to the Editor.

Last year I wrote some posts to help another user to create his own maps, perhaps you can find some help there:
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=50413#50413

ShiftClick
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Sogun, It's working now. Smile

---
Completed Levels: Missile Facility, Research Complex, Prison, Infiltration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: