ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark X - what we'd like to see in Perfect Dark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark X - what we'd like to see in Perfect Dark Reply with quote Back to top

As a *huge* fan of Perfect Dark, one thing I'd love to see is a sort of 'Perfect Dark X' type mod, a mod for the N64 version of the game, that improves it, similar to how Goldeneye X improves GE. I'm sort of hoping that one day the Goldeneye X team (or someone/some people else) will be bored/interested enough to do so, and if they or anyone else fancies the task, then I thought we could all list what we'd like to see in PD X here (a couple have already been done, and could probably be incorporated into PD X).

Single player:

+ Add rain in the levels 1.1 DataDyne Central: Defection, and 1.3 DataDyne Central: Extraction, as the levels will be much more atmospheric with rain falling outside the windows of the skyscraper. A dark stormy night is much more immersive than a dark night.

+ Make the 'Infinite Ammo' cheat apply to the Psychosis Gun. Alright, so overuse will hammer the frame-rate, as you'll have an army of helpers following you, but it's up to the player how many people (s)he 'recruits'.

+ Make the 'All Weapons' cheat give you the Slayer on every level.

Multiplayer:

+ Fix the bug that stops the sims using the shotgun well in multiplayer.

+ Add a sixth weapon slot to the Warehouse multiplayer level.

+ Make the sims use proximity mines and timed mines in multiplayer (alread done, see http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5996).

+ Make the Goldeneye weapons playable in multiplayer, including making the sims use them (already done, see http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5996).

What other things would us PD fans like to see in a possible mod of PD? What weapons would you like to see introduced into, or made more common in, any particular levels? Can you suggest any changes or improvements to any aspects of PD, big or small? If nothing else, it will be interesting debating on what we'd like to see in a mod of PD.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, like a big unofficial bug fix patch. the things you listed can all be done by just one person quite easily

the message where it says the DataDyne hovercopter has been shot down, make the capitalized D, 'd'.

Last edited by acceptable67 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Perfect Dark X - what we'd like to see in Perfect Dark Reply with quote Back to top

You have the power to do this! The editor can adjust which levels have rain (but only 4 levels total), add slayer to all levels, choose infinite ammo for pyschosis gun.

Shotguns, not sure what's wrong? It just figures one shot, but multiplies the damage.

Check out 39850

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"+ Add rain in the levels 1.1 DataDyne Central: Defection, and 1.3 DataDyne Central: Extraction, as the levels will be much more atmospheric with rain falling outside the windows of the skyscraper. A dark stormy night is much more immersive than a dark night."

Humm....

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2567/vghi.jpg
This is the building dataDyne in their premilinary.
Added rain to see how it looked, at least interesting.

"Make the 'Infinite Ammo' cheat apply to the Psychosis Gun. Alright, so overuse will hammer the frame-rate, as you'll have an army of helpers following you, but it's up to the player how many people (s)he 'recruits'."

Yeah babe! (iykim=)

"Make the 'All Weapons' cheat give you the Slayer on every level. "
Please!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MJarcos wrote:

oh my god. you are a bunch of hardworking folk

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some more things that might benefit a PD X;

+ Add more enemies to parts of Crash Site, as it does seem barren and empty. Add an incentive to go there, such as they are guarding the President Scanner, or Night Vision Goggles, which you need to find. If this isn't possible, then they could be guarding a special weapon, say a laptop gun, or the extra enemies could just be stood around in various parts of the level.

+ Alter the sky colour in Skedar Ruins - the the beta versions, the sky was brown and black, which was more 'alien' than the blue sky the level has in the final version (to see it in the beta version, see http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?client=opera&hs=ngd&channel=suggest&biw=1280&bih=895&tbm=isch&tbnid=ql7UFUatb7JWVM:&imgrefurl=http://princesslilo.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/subdrags-beta-skedar-level-information/&docid=65G8Yelj2LlnKM&imgurl=http://www.oocities.org/subdrag1/DarkerRuinsSky.jpg&w=320&h=220&ei=GfrOUfbqPOiR4ATeloHIBA&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:1,s:0,i:85&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=174&tbnw=229&start=0&ndsp=19&tx=119&ty=114)

+ Give the sims the ability to deploy the Dragon as a proximty mine, and also the Laptop Gun as a turret. They can do this already, but they only do it when the respective gun is out of ammo (which in the case of the Laptop Gun is utterly useless), and I hope that this flaw is fixable.

acceptable67 wrote:
hehe, like a big unofficial bug fix patch. the things you listed can all be done by just one person quite easily

the message where it says the DataDyne hovercopter has been shot down, make the capitalized D, 'd'.

Good point, plus I'm sure there's at least one more well known spelling mistake that could be fixed. A quick Google shows this;

"The only spelling mistake known in this game is found in the Skedar Ruins mission. Play the mission and bring up your inventory in the Pause Menu. Select the Target Amplifier, and you'll notice as the text scrolls along the screen that the word "infomation" is spelt wrong, it should be "information." Another simple mistake on Rareware's part, but check the spelling in the PAL version, it's all fixed up. They've also retained the spelling fix in the XBLA version."

I'm not sure if that's the one I meant (and no, I don't mean 'Felicty/Facility!)

SubDrag wrote:
You have the power to do this! The editor can adjust which levels have rain (but only 4 levels total), add slayer to all levels, choose infinite ammo for pyschosis gun.

Why only four levels (though three would be enough - Chicago Streets, and missions 1.1 and 1.3)? And saying I have the power to do it is like saying Mr Bean could be a heart surgeon - having the tools isn't enough, you need talent and skill to do something well, and sadly that's not me.

Quote:

Shotguns, not sure what's wrong? It just figures one shot, but multiplies the damage.

Check out 39850

For some reason, the sims are awful with shotguns. Start a Combat match with just you and a sim (of any skill level, even perfect or dark) and all shotguns, then just stand there, and watch the sim dance around you shooting and shooting and shooting. And you grow old waiting to die. They'd be better off hitting you over the head with the shotgun (seriously!) It's the only weapon that has this bug.

MJarcos wrote:
"+ Add rain in the levels 1.1 DataDyne Central: Defection, and 1.3 DataDyne Central: Extraction, as the levels will be much more atmospheric with rain falling outside the windows of the skyscraper. A dark stormy night is much more immersive than a dark night."

Humm....

Wow wow wow!!! That looks fantastic. Even though I'm hoping you do a straight copy of PD, and then perhaps embellish/improve it later, I have to say that I think it would be a great idea to have rain on the two dataDyne Tower level (missions 1.1 and 1.3), as the rain looks amazing in that engine!

Quote:

"Make the 'Infinite Ammo' cheat apply to the Psychosis Gun. Alright, so overuse will hammer the frame-rate, as you'll have an army of helpers following you, but it's up to the player how many people (s)he 'recruits'."

Yeah babe! (iykim=)

"Make the 'All Weapons' cheat give you the Slayer on every level. "
Please!

Won't it be great if we get these too for the N64 version, and for your version too!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sub did figure out a way to make more levels use weather effects (rain and snow), but you're still very limited. He looked into it for GEX, which requires snow in multiple levels, and rain in one. There are two ways to go about setting it up: by room numbers which do have the effect, or by room numbers that do not. Whichever is fewer (rains in ten rooms out of a total sixty would need ten room numbers, or snows in thirty rooms out of a total fourty-two would need twelve) is the way to go. But you still only have so many room numbers to utilize, and allowing you to use more levels than four eats into that number, since it requires more space. And you're also going to be praying that it all compresses.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With what we've created it brings up a very interesting point.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

+ I would like to see the GE weapons in PD use reload animations (some done already).

+ Would be nice to be able to get the yellow and green stars in two player (and single player) also.

+ Able to save your own made challenges to memory card.

+ Few more single (and coop) missions on same maps, but different tasks. Like playing Cassandra in DataDyne building, trying to stop CI entering or something.

+ Tougher difficulty with more spawning enemies.

+ More options in multiplayer, maybe even an multiplayer level editor. Also for coop and counterop.

+ Better counterop. Bugfixes, opponent should be able to control his friends better.

+ Working skedars in multiplayer. Also in counterop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: