ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
An update patch should be coming over the next few months. Definitely not a year from the recent release. It will address some issues, replace some animations with newer versions, add the Platinum Gun to multiplayer, and hopefully some other fun bonuses. We'll also see about getting another mission up and running.

Brilliant, thanks!

Will it include Dr. Carroll in multiplayer, do you think?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, Dr. Caroll will be appearing in a new Perfect Dark patch sometime soon. It will have all the GE Classic weapons in Combat Simulator, the Stack makeover, and some other bonuses. Still needs some work, though.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
No, Dr. Caroll will be appearing in a new Perfect Dark patch sometime soon. It will have all the GE Classic weapons in Combat Simulator, the Stack makeover, and some other bonuses. Still needs some work, though.

Great! I'd prefer Dr Carroll to be in Perfect Dark, if I had to choose between that and Goldeneye/Goldeneye X (as you know, I'd a PD fanatic), and I remember you saying you were working on a second imported map for Perfect Dark.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Francisco Scaramanga will be in GoldenEye X?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Considering how often he is requested, it is becoming more and more likely, yes.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Yeah!!!

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ummm how can Dr Caroll be implemented as he wasnt an original character in the perfect dark multiplayer how would hold a weapon or anything?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pavarini managed to rig him up using a human body type. He looks spot on, and his behaviour is extremely close to his original style. I was thoroughly impressed when I got a chance to try it out for myself.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
ummm how can Dr Caroll be implemented as he wasnt an original character in the perfect dark multiplayer how would hold a weapon or anything?

Like so. Dr Caroll in this clip is actually just a floating chest. The little wings are rigged to wrists and the screen is rigged to the neck. He was the first character I imported, which you can read how to do here.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't been around for ages but think the rigging exploit you used on Dr Caroll is fantastic!

Tell me: how are the hitboxes handed? Per mesh or per bone - I guess what I'm asking is if you can only hit the visible parts of Caroll or if there's still a humanoid hit area there.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder which mission will be the next to be playable Shocked Laughing

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Tell me: how are the hitboxes handed?

A character is made up of groups of polys called rooms (about 16 rooms + low poly rooms). With each 'room' there is a hitbox assigned to that. When you import a character in the editor it will recalculate the hitboxes using min/max for each 'room' (body part). It's pretty good but for characters like Link or Skedar you will need to manually adjust. This is what the hitboxes looks like for the Link character I'm working on https://i.imgur.com/hkP1rQb.png

MRKane wrote:
Per mesh or per bone - I guess what I'm asking is if you can only hit the visible parts of Caroll or if there's still a humanoid hit area there.

With Dr Caroll I manually removed all hitboxes from the lower part of the rig so it's just empty air under him. Hitting Dr Caroll's screen will count as a headshot and will rotate the head back like humanoid characters.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to make the Skedar playable in PD multiplayer? I'm not bothered about it personally (though I'd love to be able to play against Dr. Carroll) but back when PD was widely played, people often asked about it. Some people speculated that it would be difficult, since the 'headshot' hit box would be difficult to implement, apparently.

If it was possible, then would it possible to increase the 'punch' damage of the Skedar, so that it could kill you in one hit (I don't mean by using the one-hit-kill mode overall, since humans still should not kill anyone with just one punch)?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All players use the same weapon data, such as damage dealt, so you can't modify it by character model in use. With those nasty claws, it would make sense, but unfortunately I don't believe it possible.

Technically, I think the "headshot" portion of the Skedar is the tenticle-like part sticking out the back of their head. But to use a human rig, it would need to be handled differently.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What mission will be available?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 31 of 64

Jump to: