ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Cheats: Unlocking, Uses & More...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Other than the hardcoded ID's and the new table (30B10), you probably have most of it supported (though I did point out a few options missing in the Editor bugs / requests thread). Might be nice to also support the ability to choose the button code sequence out of a list, if people want to try altering things (if possible). Otherwise, the main sum is already operational.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added some more details to this. Mainly the Target Times table, as well as the various Weapon Cheats. Still be good to figure out how that "multiplier" (as I have labeled it) actually affects the ammunition given out. I did not confirm that it works the same way for the individual weapon / 2x weapon cheats, and only did on the Extra Weapons cheat.

By the way, in Zoinkity's documentation, he had a file that mentions making the cheat menu larger "bigger cheat menu". With it, I did find that "4CD0F" has 0x0C stored. If you change it to "0x0D", it does increase the column length to 13 cheats, instead of 12. But, the thirteenth is a copy of No Radar [Multi] (or whatever probably shows at the top of your second cheat column at the time). Hopefully someone clever enough could figure out a way to get 13 lines per column proper (14 may be pushing it, depends on screen size), which would give us up to 26 cheats total. If you raised up the starting height coordinate of the first line, maybe 28 would be fine. But there's still only so many default leftover cheats to work with, though enough to fill out the full set, and others could be custom. Heck, you may even just be able to squeeze 30 in, with adjustments.

I don't know enough about ASM to really make much out of this, but I know it refers to the available cheats menu (RAM 800697F0), and that the second column would begin 0x30 into it. I can edit three instances of 0x30, but the first one can crash the game. Perhaps somebody else can look at it and understand what's happening, and let us get more cheats fitting in there.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found the POV height for Bond when using Tiny Bond...

C6ACA: Tiny Bond POV Height (Float Point)

Default POV = 3F80 [1.0]
Tiny Bond POV = 3F00 [0.5]

It seems to only use the first half of the float point (maybe to save room in the ASM chunk). If anyone else wants to look over that area to see if something else affects it, please do.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Located the health and armour cheats, as well...

C68CE: Super 2x Health Amount (Float Point)
C6946: Super 2x Armour Amount (Float Point)
C6B82: Super 10x Health Amount (Float Point)

Default = 3F80 [1.0]
2x = 4000 [2.0]
10x = 4120 [10.0]

*note: difficulty settings are also in effect

With this, you can actually give yourself less health. By setting it to "3F00", you'll receive twice as much damage as usual. You can set it so low that you'd die in one shot - even from a Klobb bullet on Agent (unlike LTK settings on 007 mode!). This also affects drone guns... another thing 007 Mode doesn't impact when ramping up enemy damage values. So this could go towards a "True LTK" cheat, as far as how Bond is treated.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It seems to only use the first half of the float point (maybe to save room in the ASM chunk). If anyone else wants to look over that area to see if something else affects it, please do.

MIPS instructions are always 4 bytes, and some instructions can contain a immediate value, such as the ones you posted above. I have found the related assembly instructions that load the float values.
Code:
C6AC8 3C013F00  lui $at, 0x3F00 - Tiny Bond POV
C68CC 3C014000  lui $at, 0x4000 - Super 2x Health Value
C6944 3C014000  lui $at, 0x4000 - Super 2x Armor Value
C6B80 3C014120  lui $at, 0x4120 - Super 10x Health Value

lui means load upper immediate, which will set the upper part of a register to the constant provided. lui $at, 0x3F00 will set register $at to 0x3F000000, which is 0.5 in float. For lui/addi, the last 2 bytes of the instruction contain the constant for the register. Hope this helps.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really need to start learning this stuff, since I can't makes heads or tails of most of it. I just try following addresses, looking for certain values, and referring to Zoinkity's documentation to get an idea of what area I might be in.

Two things left on the agenda, and I don't really care who figures them out or how it is handled...

Turbo Mode speed value.
Extending the cheat menu to use 13-15 cheats per column.

Another good one would be All Guns, to see how it knows the range from 01-20 to give the player. That could be from a table. It would also be great to see if we could increase the weapon range that you can freely access without entering the watch menu (Tank is final, next would be Bomb Case).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turbo mode speed: 7F085EA4 4120 (10.0)
BA9D4

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! Will all of these cheat modifiers eventually make it into the Game Configurations menus? Certainly some room left to fill out in the Cheats section. I won't be able test to anything else until probably after the weekend.

So right now we really just need to see how we can increase the number of cheats that fit inside the cheat menu. I think 28 should be good (14 per column), but if we could raise where the text begins, there is a chance for 30. Should be enough cheats in GE to fulfill that quota.

23 normal unlocks...
Line Mode
Extra Weapons
Debug Position Display
Super 2x Health
Super 2x Armour
Super 10x Health
Maximum Ammo

Then there is Invisible Multi... Which would need to be altered so respawned players remain invisible.

Extra MP Characters also seemed like it had issues as a menu cheat, so it might require some kind of edit.

Of course, some cheats could be altered or replaced. No Body Armour was a good one, and modifying a Super Health into a Weakened Health is interesting.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Then there is Invisible Multi... Which would need to be altered so respawned players remain invisible.

Replacing 7F080AA0 with a conditional branch if cheat is active will work. You can test this by setting B55D0 to 00000000 (nop).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I've got it all added to beta editor, if want to take a look. I didn't separate out the ammo stuff though, kept it the way it was.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, update them

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take a look as soon as I am back at home. As for ammo, it may be best if the duplicate "ammo" be treated as one, so the user chooses the ammo type, and it just give them max. One selection box that affects to spots in ROM. Since it won't give out, say six different ammo types, in the Extra Weapons cheat, so allowing users to pick out six could confuse them when they notice certain types aren't working.

Oh, I guess we could also include Fast Animation and Slow Animation speeds, if those are known.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think that it already did the duplicate values for ammo, so I didn't change that (did I miss something?).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything so far is looking good. The Turbo Mode speed doesn't seem to be included as of right now, but the rest looks to be there. I will end up checking out more over this week.

As for the ammo, it's more an issue for the "Extra Weapons" cheat. Currently, the Editor shows six different selection boxes for ammo. However, only three actually set the ammo type. The other three somehow affects how much ammo you receive. My idea was to just make three choices. The first would use spots 1 and 2, second would be 3 and 4, and the third would be 5 and 6. That way, the user sets the ammo (three types), and receives max ammo for each.

Oh, also, does anyone know the Fast and Slow Animation speeds?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Combined the ammo and added turbo mode and fast/slow animation (they were in Zoinkity's documentation):

Fast: 4.0
C6CEA
C6D16

Slow: 0.25
C6D36
C6D62

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: