ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sound Effects in Action Block *HELP*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Sound Effects in Action Block *HELP* Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone ever figured out how to make sound effects EMIT from an object? I'm trying to make sound come from an object in game. Helicopters seem to be hard coded but the aeroplane in Runway plays no sound. I can get the blades to turn but can't figure out how to make it play a custom sound. I replaced the default plane taking off from runway sound with my own. It works but it just plays across the entire level instead of just from the object itself.

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you're jumping to the first label each time you hit the bottom jump. replace the bottom jump with a "Jump to infinite loop", and make the block 10XX instead of 04XX. 04XX is for guards.

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Coockie1173 wrote:
you're jumping to the first label each time you hit the bottom jump. replace the bottom jump with a "Jump to infinite loop", and make the block 10XX instead of 04XX. 04XX is for guards.

I believe I misread a bit, ignore the part about 04XX and 10XX

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Okay Reply with quote Back to top

Will try! Thank you!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Yikes Reply with quote Back to top

Sound still plays across the whole level. Ugh. There has to be a way to do this that isn't hard. Is there a tool I need to add loop cues? I used wavosaur to do that already just wondering if there is something else I missed.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try playing around with C5's last value? From the testing l did a year or so ago, I was under the impression the last two bytes controlled the sound's distance. Try values like 0100 or 0070 or maybe 1000.
I have it marked on my notes as being iffy, though, so I could be wrong.

However, the action block you screencapped would be hanging the game because it's going back to the start infinitely. But if it's not somehow, then your problem maaaaay be because it's applying the sound to the object every frame? You should be using 05 to jump to 0001 (End Routine) at the end, or doing some other safe loop that does nothing.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can poke at it. Do you have a sound that loops, and you want it to continue to play? It isn't just a one time sound effect, I am gathering. Try to explain what it is and how it should function.

Now, I know I have had troubles with emulation. Sounds can play louder or further away than what console would do. Even things like a door opening somewhere in the level can be heard clear as if it were right in front of you.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Runway Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so the Aeroplane on Runway has ZERO sound coming from it. It's always bothered me so I've been trying literally EVERYTHING to emit an idling engine sound. I can get it to emit the sound from the plane but it stops after playing once. I noticed the setup editor has what's call loop predictors. Not sure how to add loop points compatible with N64 but the sound I imported does have loop points via WAVOSAUR. lol Sounds so infantismal using a device even called that Laughing I currently have an action block that's tied to an object flagged as a 16 to EMIT sound effect through it. I'll post some screens to show what I mean.....

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: ATTACHMENT Reply with quote Back to top

Here is an XDELTA patch you can use to look at it more closely. Cool

http://multiplayerx.site.nfoservers.com/gesource/GoldeneyeLegendUPDATE_incomplete.zip

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you editing a multiplayer or single player setup?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: MULTIPLAYER Reply with quote Back to top

It's a Solo Multi using Caves mp setup to load Runway

BTW: You will notice in the sound options area if you scroll down to plane taking off from runway I have replaced it with a custom engine idle. I noticed the loop predictors are grayed out so maybe if someone can ADD that in if it needs it? Laughing

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sound position sub-actions do not work in multiplayer

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: ugh Reply with quote Back to top

any workaround at all?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Multiplayer works by repeating main loop for each player - many sub-actions break from this design choice

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: But helicopters play sound Reply with quote Back to top

The action blocks play the sound effects for any of the helicopters in MULTI. I tested this over and over and anywhere there is a chopper the action block works. Is there a simple action block that exists to play a sound effect from an object?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: