ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Next multi map project - Control Room via Stack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool! Glass is a pain, that's impressive, I like it.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: re: glass Reply with quote Back to top

Well I managed to get 11 out of 12 sized and placed. The 12th one (red-line) will eventually become the other diagonal pane which isn't there yet.

The other diagonal glass is giving me trouble - I can't figure out how to get it to angle itself in the other direction. Any suggestions as to roughly what values to plug into the x/z rotations?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: re: control Reply with quote Back to top

Some more screenshots. I now have the playing area fully closed off - and that cut blackout issues in 4-player mode down by about 90 percent. Framerates also seem to do surprisingly well now.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, that looks great.

You should show this to Rareware or FRD when it's done. Cool

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: control progress Reply with quote Back to top

I now have 4 weapon sets in place as well as 2 body armors and the flag and 5 respawn points.

Now that all the basics are done, I have about 70 lines of code available for anything else. My ideas are a functioning door in the one door slot that should have a door, a 5th weapon set, and/or benches/computers in the basement of the big room. Each bench/computer screen combo (I'm not even going to mess with the keyboards because of the lack of available code) will take anywhere from 13 to 19 lines of code depending on whether or not I can make use of any of the presets which are mapped to the basement. If all goes well I will probably just end using the remaining code to place 4 benches/computer screens.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn slick.

I will definitely try this out when it's done. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the table and monitor combos, they could actually share the same preset. The monitor will be placed directly on top of and in the middle of the table. Just be sure to set the proper flags for it, or else it'll probably end up inside of the table on the floor. That should save you some lines of code.

Also, a note about monitors, they take up as much space in the object block as a door does. You'll only be able to get one per door object out of the Stack setup file. That may limit you a bit. Check to see how much you've got leftover and work out what you can get done with it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote Back to top

I need a little help.

I successfully converted an unused ammo crate into a bench and a door into a computer monitor, but when I place them both at the same preset, the monitor spawns itself onto the floor inside of the table.

Which flags exactly do I need to change? When I wrote the science lab level this was never a problem - the glass beakers automatically generated themselves on top of the benches.

Also one other question - will basic presets work for this combo? Or will I need to use advanced presets?

(oh, and I have plenty of stuff left to convert - I haven't actually used any of the doors for anything yet so I have 10 of those to use (which means I also have 10 advanced presets left if I have to use those)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try setting the third word, or if starting at 0, at word 2, to 10000001. Flags are for "attached to ground" and "on table". If you want it picked up, it should be 10040001.

Also, this should be used with 0XXX presets. I do not know the consequences of using 27XX presets.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: re: help Reply with quote Back to top

I actually found a more efficient way to do it - once I changed the bench's stance value to 0100 (making the bench solid and immobile) the monitor automatically spawns on top of it.

Anyways, I have successfully created 2 combos so far (still have to customize their preset coordinates)

Oh, one other thing - I figured out which pointer value in the 2nd half of the monitor's programming points to its background imagery. So with 1 single line of code, I can modify the pointer value for each one and thus have different images on each monitor. A sweet touch IMO.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bench's stance value? Where is it located.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: re: stance Reply with quote Back to top

If size is located at xxxxxx00 xxxx
then what I call stance (maybe you refer to it as something different) is xxxxxx0A xxxx

I set it to xxxxxx0A 0100 - that makes it solid so you can't walk through it (a necessity when converting an ammo crate over to a solid object) - It also apparently has the effect of allowing objects to spawn on top of it with no extra flags set.

Oh, and a progress update. I got the big screen working with the proper imagery

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So how many benches are there going to be?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: re: benches Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've done the math and I'll be able to fit at least 3 benches within the 250 lines of code limit - I'm hoping to be able to fit 4 - right now it looks like that'll put me between 250-252 lines of code, I'm sure I can shave off a line or 2 somewhere.

So hopefully 4.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Be sure to fully optimize the code before you release it. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: