ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Working Game Shark!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grudge
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Working Game Shark!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Ive Bought 4 game sharks now off of ebay and none will connect to my pc the reason why is probably becasue none of them have the led light
i read some where in one of these forms that the games sharks that will connect to a pc are the ones that come with the video
is that is?
the rest wont work???

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The cheating devices that came packaged in the GameShark Pro boxes with the tutorial video are by far your best bet. Both versions 3.2 & 3.3 should have operating comms ports. I bought two from eBay over a year back. They said that I'd receive the Pro version with a video, but instead got one in the newer box design, minus the video. The LED did not light up, which concerned me. After trying it out with my PC, it was able to connect with my computer. However, it's only capable of receiving data. It isn't possible to send information from the cheating device to my PC. Which is fine, since I don't usually use it for that purpose. Both of them were that way. Neither had a sticker indicating what version they were, but I know that they are v3.3. It's tricky (as well as expensive) to find the right one.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: gameshark 3.2 Reply with quote Back to top

I strongly suggest browsing not ebay listings, but rather ebay stores. I found a v3.2 earlier this year with a buy it now price of $8 bucks plus $4 bucks shipping. I snatched that one up in a hurry Smile - thing works flawlessly. I've seen several listed since.

At about the same time period, I saw a 3.2 on auction go for $25 bucks. There were multiple questions in the ask seller question section asking about the led. Apparently there is at least some demand for these things.

(but not nearly as much demand as there is for the N-64 USB adaptoid, but that's another story)

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ug, not the adaptoid!! Run, run away!!

Grudge
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

N-64 USB adaptoid.....
couldnt you just wire one your self?
i think im going to invest in pc bond due to the fact that i just got a game shark in the mail today that was brand new with the video
opened it to find out it was a 3.0
i did not think that they made 3.0 with the video..
how much video ram to you guys have on your pc that you play bond
on?

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ive got 512 and it runs fine. oh, wiring an adaptoid is a pain. gotta make ur own pcb circuit... complicated stuff. i wonder why just connecting a usb dont work. grnd to grnd, datd white to white, voltage to voltage.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got 64, which means that, in fact, the emulator shouldn't run at all. That is, unless you build an emu that doesn't check the ram total, and happens to place all the stuff on disk, and don't mind getting about 5fps at the best. (though the bugger swears it really runs at 60, simply because it reads the video processing speed.)

Ah, gotta love open source.

My other computer, incidentally, is a win 3.1 with a whopping 4MB of ram. I kid you not. It, rather remarkably, is used to upload crap to console, which it does somewhat slowly. On the plus side it runs virtually everything produced by Infogames. You have not seen greatness until you've seen a speed run through a text-based game.

Grudge
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finely found a working game shark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 game sharks in total

next problem.....

Im trying to use a lap top to conect to my game shark using usb to serial port and can not get it to auto detect any thing

it could be the game shark or the usb

my game shark has a green led on it and it does count down from 5
will the usb have somthing to do with it or is it the game shark?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USB to Parallel convertors won't work, it's not a true conversion. It only works for printers. You need the PCMCIA SPP-100 for your laptop, and it still won't be compatible with any tools not made by me because it will assign the port to 400 (standards were used), and unfortunately most tools are not very versatile in port addresses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: