ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Why won't citadel work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Why won't citadel work? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure the solutions totally abvious but I can't seem to get the citadel to work on my imulator or gameshark. The Library disappears and it will not load the citadel. I have all the codes entered so what am I doing wrong?

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what you did wrong, I think you need a normal N64 to make it work, Ask, Krijiy or somebody. Very Happy I haven't gotten it to work etither.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The playable citadel isnt simply a code, the code availble simply makes room for citadel, doesn't put it there. To play Citadel, you have two methods:
PC Emulator ROM Patch. Use smartIPS or sumthin to patch your ROM with the ips citadel patch.

Or Generic Uploader thingy for console, which I dont know how works because I never tried it.

In the Gameshark Master Codes List, I have a folder with Citadel, I had added in smartIPS to make it easy. Open up Zoink's help file in there for more information.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote Back to top

You have to use an uploader using your computer to shark. There are around 9900 lines of code for Citadel!! The level has no clipping or collision for characters to stand or move around so the 9900 codes actually are like programming for a game!!! Zoinkity is the man with a plan.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I strongly suggest you read the help file that zoinkity put together with the citadel. It is well written and should help you run the level without problems.

Ice Luigi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Citadel is MAD Shocked when played on the console Laughing
Maybe you forgot to enable the "Code Generator" to On, (You need a 4mb Exp. Pack), since the Gamshark needs to be active when using the generic uploader.

PS. Zoinkity can you send me the "non-byte swapped" Citadel IPS file?
Also, can you tell me what program is used to make .ips files, and which heads (Trev, Xenia?) I need to replace to give Connery, etc his right head.

Thanks

wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright I tried the SMARTTIPS thing but idrelylik2no what I put under orignal fire, patched file, IPS/IPS2 file, and undo IPS FILE? I'm using the master code list or whatever it is. Can someone help?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, smartIPS is a little bit confusing, I now remember, lets see if I can walk you through it.

First, mkae a copy of your Goldeneye ROM and name it Goldneye-Citadel or sumthin.
Then Original File: Goldeneye-Citadel
Patched FIle: Leave Blank
IPS File: The IPS file in that folder (Choose PAL or NTSC based on your ROM, if not sure, I would guesss NTSC)
Click Apply, and I beleive that ROM file is now Citadel patched.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The unstupid EASY way is to just download the files from Graham's site. Open the Citadel IPS file with this: http://dextrose.com/files/n64/ips_tools/dx-ips11.zip
EXTRACT the files first then open the smiley funky face.
Open the GoldenEye ROM in the top box and then open the IPS in the 3rd box. Hit apply then open the NOW patched GoldenEye ROM and play it. Peace, MultiplayerX

wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got it to work thanks kcghost!

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wuldntyoulik2no wrote:
Got it to work thanks kcghost!

You sure wanted to know how that worked didn't ya? Razz

And thank you everyone else for a valiant effort. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

TS_Death_Angel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up... tried the rom on my Z64 and CD64 with no success so far. When I select Citadel as the level and start the game, the music plays for a few seconds and then freezes. There's something wrong with the patch, the emulator (& GameShark... but I assume the process is a tad different...) is just hiding the error or bypassing it somehow. Any fix for this as of yet?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a big shame. It has something to do with either SRAM access or misaligned instructions. We never found a workaround. But the good news is you can play the new missions like Runway Takedown on console.

Btw - willing to donate one of them to me? Have always been trying to locate one, but never been able to.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always known about this, but without having access to any sort of backup device it is virtually impossible to determine what is causing the problem.

Missaligned instructions were ruled out thankfully.

The current theory has to do with the filesize tables. A few file locations had to be fudged to get it to work, likely causing horrific damage in the process. The tables are a little nasty to edit. I might take another wack at it sometime, but probably not anytime soon.

The binaries themselves are valid, and I've managed to load the compressed binaries manually using a rather cool gs routine - not unlike the co-op patch, actually.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I've had the solution to this one posted someplace else forever and a day ago. So, finally, posting it here.

If you're using a patch, use this one:
http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/Citadel/Citadel-BU.zip

It's backup-device compatible and gets around sound/impact errors under emulation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: